Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can upgrade within 90 days of a purchase, the catch though, is that it must be an item with Lifetime Warranty or an extended warranty. Those 480s are "KR" which is only 3yr warranty and most likely will not apply.

·
!
9,170 Posts
What you can do though is buy the extended warranty from EVGA on that KR card and in doing so you will get both the extended warranty (non transferable) and the ability to step up within 90 days of purchase ( I believe of the card, not the warranty) i think it costs something like $20-30 for a card like the 480 but you'll have to get the exact details from EVGA's website and then decide if that is worth it to you.

With all that said there is also the very real possibility that the 660ti will not be an upgrade from the 480. If you think about it 480~570, so it's not too much of a stretch to guesstimate that 480~570~660ti.

So with all that info, what I'd probably do is get the 480 assuming you can stand the high heat, noise and power draw of it because aside from those drawbacks it's a great card for just over $200. Then after having used the card for a while you can decide if the extended warranty and step up is something that you'd like to have. Also just an FYI that card has been $210 with free shipping quite frequently over the past few months, so it's likely that if you watch it you can snag it at that price.
smile.gif

• Rep+
Reactions: dagan

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys rep +

EDIT:
does the extended warranty transfer to the Stepped up unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts