Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just decided to play my placement matches, And i wound up in Platinum.I don't think I'm as good as my buddy and he gets romped in gold league?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Well it just works on how you played in the match and of course wins, im going to predict that in the 5 placement match games your friend was unfortunate and just had not played at his best or had a more difficult opponent. But if he is better than you i will guess in a few weeks he'll surpass you.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Don't worry about it, just play the game as best as possible. If you shouldn't belong in Plat, you'll get depromoted until you hit your league then you can get promoted as you get better. The way it works, is that your MMR isn't stable atm because you haven't played many games. The more you play, the more stable it becomes and that allows the system to place you against opponents of similar MMR. Your MMR is hidden, so, you can't tell what it is. There is also an uncertainty associated with this which changes depending on how much you win/lose
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
8,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BountyHead;11915289
I just decided to play my placement matches, And i wound up in Platinum.I don't think I'm as good as my buddy and he gets romped in gold league?
The way the ladder works, you will soon be facing people at your level regardless of league. Leagues and points are only for appearances.

The real thing is your matchmaking ranking which is hidden, and which changes after each game. This is the number (actually a set of several numbers) Blizzard uses to match you against similar player.

If you really don't belong in platinum you will be placed in a more appropriate league within 20-50 games, assuming your skill doesn't catch up before that.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epona;11915555
It actually has nothing to do with how you play the games, it's if you win or lose against people with different matchmaking rankings like thiru said.

If you want an explanation of the ladder system, go here.
That is pretty helpful, not sure i fully grasp it but i get the gist of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts