Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be getting this, is the guy that selling it gives it to me for the right price. I figure about $165 or so for all that.

A Lian-Li Pc-60 case painted the same green as the alienware cases.
a MCP600 Pump
a MCW50 GPU waterblock
a MCW6000 CPU waterblock
2 MCR80 Radiators w/ 2 SilenX 80 fans.

I priced it all out and it comes to about $325 for all of it new.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Pump: Swiftech MCP655 aka Danger Den D5 $70ish

GPU: Danger Den MAZE4 $45ish

CPU: Swiftech Apogee $40 shipped if you go to jab-tech.com and enter "cryo-laboratory" as a coupon code.

Rad: 77' Pontiac Bonneville Heatercore outside your case with Panaflo fans

DO NOT get SilenX Fans. They are so bad it hurts. Their specs are false. I just returned the ones I bought. The case might be too small, unless you mount your rad outside your case or got a single 120mm fan. The 80mm rads don't do much and having more then one will bring your flow down.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, the only thing is that I get a new case, with the system already fitted inside. And then I can sell my P180 case and my aircooling stuff and not only breakeven, but make money on the deal. (My case plus the watercooling stuff = about $350 vs. That case and watercooling, and after I sell my case = $165. thats like half the cost. And I need to save every little bit right now. This computer already cost more then I had anticipated)
I know the system isn't as high end as you can get today. But I read a bunch of reviews and the APOGEE Block performs about the same as the MCW6000 maybe a degree or so difference. Same goes for all the other parts. I mean all these parts were the best you could get at the time, just like a 6800 vs a 7800gt. The 6800 can still do what it does best really well. Onlything is it isn't the latest and greatest. ( I realize the 7800gt is better the 6800, and its hard to compare that to this but go with it, would ya?)

Heres a coulple pics of the system:
Attachment 18918
Attachment 18919
Attachment 18920

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
If it were me, I would stick with the P180. I really don't like the rad setup. I just think the money could be spent better.

You could get a great watercooling system for $160ish. If you need money just sell older parts...that's what I do. Basically I'm saying that you are fine with your Big Typhoon for now and that you will be better off in the long run if you save up for the watercooling and keep your sexy case.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand what you are saying. I just figured that it would cost me like a total of like $350to get my P180 water cooled. While that system I would have for $165 and already done. I do understand what you are saying. Can you make any suggestions for water cooling system for it. I want to cool my Cpu as well as my GPU. I think I saw a 360mm rad some where for like 50 bucks. not sure where though.

Ok I have a max of $300 to spend on a water cooling system (you've convinced me to build a new system, lol). I know you don't need that much, but thats what I have to work with, and I am willing to spend.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92

I understand what you are saying. I just figured that it would cost me like a total of like $350to get my P180 water cooled. While that system I would have for $165 and already done. I do understand what you are saying. Can you make any suggestions for water cooling system for it. I want to cool my Cpu as well as my GPU. I think I saw a 360mm rad some where for like 50 bucks. not sure where though.

Ok I have a max of $300 to spend on a water cooling system (you've convinced me to build a new system, lol). I know you don't need that much, but thats what I have to work with, and I am willing to spend.

Dude...$300 is golden high end style.

Parts:

CPU: Swiftech Apogee go to jab-tech.com enter the coupon code "cryo-laboratory" at the checkout and get it for $39.95 shipped.

GPU: Danger Den MAZE 4 ~$45 w/ mountings. Tigerdirect usually has good deals on it

Pump: Danger Den D5 ~$75

Tubing: Masterkleer $.65/ft

Rad: go to an auto parts store and pick up a 77' Pontiac Bonneville Heatercore for about $25. You'll have to cut the ends off the tubes and then soak your tubing in hot water to stretch it over the heatercore tubing, but this is by far the best bang for your buck. It is much better then a lot of rads out there.

Tline: get an extra bit of tubing, a danger den fillport, and a T fitting if you like and make one of these or buy a res. $15-25

Plastic clamps, random stuff $20-30

Basically that is the best your money can buy. I you can wait till tomorrow I'll find all of the good deals and links for you, but for now it's bedtime.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp

How come that just sounds like really cool? Thanks man for helping me out here. Also I was wondering can I like stick the rad out the window, ( its llike 20F out at night, and like 35F during the day) To make it passive? Or would I run into a problem with condensation building up? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Quote:

How come that just sounds like really cool? Thanks man for helping me out here. Also I was wondering can I like stick the rad out the window, ( its llike 20F out at night, and like 35F during the day) To make it passize? Or would I run into a problem with condensation building up? Thanks again

There is not much wrong with that setup. I say sell the P180 and get that, then get rid of the two Swiftech rads on eBay (may get about $30 for them, more if you dump the two Silenx's), go to Autozone, Advance Auto, etc, and buy a '77 Boneville HeaterCore without AC for like $15-$20. That is arguably ther best radiator out there.
Just be sure you know that pump is rather loud.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun

There is not much wrong with that setup. I say sell the P180 and get that, then get rid of the two Swiftech rads on eBay (may get about $30 for them, more if you dump the two Silenx's), go to Autozone, Advance Auto, etc, and buy a '77 Boneville HeaterCore without AC for like $15-$20. That is arguably ther best radiator out there.
Just be sure you know that pump is rather loud.

If I had to go with that setup I would get rid of the gpu block too. But I love the looks of the P180 so you would never get that out of my hands.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that whole setup is gone now. He sold it. Don't you love when people do that. anyways So it looks like Im gonna be making my own water cooling setup now. Time to look for the best deals online.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp

Parts:

CPU: Swiftech Apogee go to jab-tech.com enter the coupon code "cryo-laboratory" at the checkout and get it for $39.95 shipped.

GPU: Danger Den MAZE 4 ~$45 w/ mountings. Tigerdirect usually has good deals on it

Pump: Danger Den D5 ~$75

Tubing: Masterkleer $.65/ft

Rad: go to an auto parts store and pick up a 77' Pontiac Bonneville Heatercore for about $25. You'll have to cut the ends off the tubes and then soak your tubing in hot water to stretch it over the heatercore tubing, but this is by far the best bang for your buck. It is much better then a lot of rads out there.

Tline: get an extra bit of tubing, a danger den fillport, and a T fitting if you like and make one of these or buy a res. $15-25

Plastic clamps, random stuff $20-30

Basically that is the best your money can buy. I you can wait till tomorrow I'll find all of the good deals and links for you, but for now it's bedtime.

atomicfission92 ^^ that is what you need, seriously.. what is your price range now?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

How does this fan sound, Good CFM and pretty quiet.
here

Panaflo fans all the way. They are the best I have seen. I have them and they out preformed SilenX fans and were much quieter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts