Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the razer scarab for a long time? Im wondering how durable the pad is, I had the exact mat and the control surface was worn out after about 1.5yrs and same with the goliathus control edition.. wondering if theres even a mouse pad that can last for 3-4yrs before any signs of wearing is noticeable.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ;13006841
Has anyone used the razer scarab for a long time? Im wondering how durable the pad is, I had the exact mat and the control surface was worn out after about 1.5yrs and same with the goliathus control edition.. wondering if theres even a mouse pad that can last for 3-4yrs before any signs of wearing is noticeable.
Everything will eventually need to be replaced. The only hard pad that I have heard of as having great durability is the I-2 glass pad but owners also claim that it chews through mouse feet pretty fast. I wore through an exactmat as well, both sides. My 4HD wore down a bit after about 6 months, now it has grooves where the glide changes.

For a cloth pad the puretrak talent seems to be great in terms of durability, I have had mine since december of 09 and I have used it on and off since then and its still in great condition.

3-4 years is a pretty long time to expect a mouse pad to last.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the puretrack stack up against the Goliathus speed fragged edition ?

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
No plastic hardmat style pad will last 3-4 years. Just remember that.

Cloth Pads and Metal / Glass pads will, though the latter will probably chew your mouse feet off at a faster rate.

Cloth pads really are your best option imo. Doubt that they would even last 3-4 years to begin with. That's asking a lot from a measly pad
tongue.gif

Puretrak Talent [as Derp said], SteelSeries QcK and the Razer Goliathus are relatively all the same.. just find one of them at the size you want and roll with it.
smile.gif

·
Registered
105 Posts
im using the scarab, just about 2 months old. cant tell you how durable, if you never scratch the surface with some sharp object should be fine and easy to clean
its not very smooth but the movement of the mice moving on it is very nice for me. no regret to purchase it.

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;13007389

Cloth Pads and Metal / Glass pads will, though the latter will probably chew your mouse feet off at a faster rate.

Cloth pads really are your best option imo. Doubt that they would even last 3-4 years to begin with. That's asking a lot from a measly pad
tongue.gif

Puretrak Talent [as Derp said], SteelSeries QcK and the Razer Goliathus are relatively all the same.. just find one of them at the size you want and roll with it.
smile.gif
The exactmat is aluminum and wore almost as fast as the plastic 4HD. I have also used the QCK and the goliathus speed, they both show signs of wear while the talent still holds a consistent glide.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;13007389

tongue.gif

smile.gif
QFT.
I used a hard plastic mouse pad and it demolished my mouse's feet along with itself.
I bought a Logitech G5 with a decent $10 cloth mouse pad and guess what? Both have lasted me over 6 years with very, very little wear.

It's more than likely my 1" 360 sensitivity, though, I move my mouse in millimeter increments rather than using low sensitivity and moving a foot at a time, which helps with durability. A ton.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didnt even realize the G5 was out for 6yrs, anyway I think ill go with the Goliathus Speed fragged edition, hopefully it can outlast the control edition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts