Overclock.net banner

How exactly does the 5xxx cooler work

320 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  LemonSlice
I heard that the cooler blows hot air out of the case but I'm not exactly sure how that will work. If I am not mistaken the hot air is blown out where the power cable goes in. If this is true than the air goes out and rises and gets sucked into the CPU cooler.

See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
There are holes where the power cables are, however, air is not pushed out from there.
Somehow it is designed to pull air from there and used for when the cards are in close CF and have limited room to breathe.
I say 90% of all the hot air is blown out of the case.
There is a heat sink (it has a vapor chamber I think) and the air is blow through it.

The top is a vent and the back is a vent

About 85% is blown out of the case
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contagion View Post
There are holes where the power cables are, however, air is not pushed out from there.
Somehow it is designed to pull air from there and used for when the cards are in close CF and have limited room to breathe.
I say 90% of all the hot air is blown out of the case.
I read that the "intakes" are purely cosmetic. All of the air is blown out of the case.
See less See more
oh I just noticed there is an exhaust vent where the dvi ports are
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartmasta View Post
oh I just noticed there is an exhaust vent where the dvi ports are
LOL I'm pretty sure every reference dual slot card I've seen blows air out the DVI port vents
See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.