Overclock.net banner

How excited are you for Rage?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman340;13086546
Looks aren't everything.
I wasn't talking about the graphics. I meant the gameplay and guns look corny and the gameplay looks repetitive with the same looking enemies attacking you. They could atleast change up the character models. Maybe the story kicks ass but from that gameplay video, it looks kind of lame to me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,173 Posts
Don't really care, however it's nice to have at least some decent PC Games. I feel like the only thing I play now is League of Legends and BC2.
 

·
Overclocked by Jesus
Joined
·
4,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen;13086845
Don't really care, however it's nice to have at least some decent PC Games. I feel like the only thing I play now is League of Legends and BC2.
Lol welcome to my world. Throw in the occasional Hot Pursuit, but yea. I am in the same boat, BC2 is all I play now since LoL gets old with same 2 maps all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
I like how our first reaction is to pick out the things (from a handful of videos and no reviews or play time) that bother you. On an unfinished game.

Stay classy gaming community.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,120 Posts
From the trailer it doesn't exactly seem like anything out of the ordinary. I, however, am excited for it. I'm excited for a number of reasons: it's post-apocalyptic (boner) and it's Bethesda. I also heard early on that it was an RPG, andI love me som RPGs. However, Wikipedia tells me it's an FPS with RPG elements, so I don't know now.

If Rage IS an FPS, then you can't compare it to Duke Nukem. It'll look repetitive because it's an RPG and RPG's can be repetitive like that, but the breadth and scope and everything more than makes up for seeing the same generic enemy cronies.

If Rage isn't an FPS, then compare away. It becomes more of personal preference. I'm pumped if it's an RPG though.

That's my two cents, anyways.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasanovaFly;13087316
From the trailer it doesn't exactly seem like anything out of the ordinary. I, however, am excited for it. I'm excited for a number of reasons: it's post-apocalyptic (boner) and it's Bethesda. I also heard early on that it was an RPG, andI love me som RPGs. However, Wikipedia tells me it's an FPS with RPG elements, so I don't know now.

If Rage IS an FPS, then you can't compare it to Duke Nukem. It'll look repetitive because it's an RPG and RPG's can be repetitive like that, but the breadth and scope and everything more than makes up for seeing the same generic enemy cronies.

If Rage isn't an FPS, then compare away. It becomes more of personal preference. I'm pumped if it's an RPG though.

That's my two cents, anyways.
Wait, are you saying we can't compare 2 games in the same genre, because one is slower, but we CAN compare 2 games in different genres? That makes no sense. With different genres, very different gameplay is to be expected. With same genre, you can say "Oh, it's slower, but more open" (like BF) or "I like the linearity and constant action" (like COD) and then determine which style of play suits you best. With 2 different genres you can't go "SC2 is better than COD because the focus on macro is higher".
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasanovaFly;13087316
From the trailer it doesn't exactly seem like anything out of the ordinary. I, however, am excited for it. I'm excited for a number of reasons: it's post-apocalyptic (boner) and it's Bethesda. I also heard early on that it was an RPG, andI love me som RPGs. However, Wikipedia tells me it's an FPS with RPG elements, so I don't know now.

If Rage IS an FPS, then you can't compare it to Duke Nukem. It'll look repetitive because it's an RPG and RPG's can be repetitive like that, but the breadth and scope and everything more than makes up for seeing the same generic enemy cronies.

If Rage isn't an FPS, then compare away. It becomes more of personal preference. I'm pumped if it's an RPG though.

That's my two cents, anyways.
Rage is an FPS, not an RPG. It is made by ID, not bethsoft. Do not expect any RPG elements to it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati;13087430
Rage is an FPS, not an RPG. It is made by ID, not bethsoft. Do not expect any RPG elements to it.
Bethesda is the publisher though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,628 Posts
God the textures are nice but that is some of the most poor animation I've seen in a while. Worse than FO:NV.

Gameplay looks a bit too easy, aswell.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard;13087467
Bethesda is the publisher though.
yes, they are the publisher, because they own ID now. But that doesnt mean that the Oblivion team just moves in and adds RPG parts to the game.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhati;13087484
yes, they are the publisher, because they own ID now. But that doesnt mean that the Oblivion team just moves in and adds RPG parts to the game.
Hence the "though". I know that ID was acquired by Bethesda's owner, and are publishing under Bethesda.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top