Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys hows it going?i was wondering if buying a 2600k and a Asus maximums IV Z67 and buying a danger den radiator box and 3 360 radiators and a powerful pump would be a good idea?how high would i be able to clock the 2600k.this is just to get a idea.thanks for any help
smile.gif

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by louze001;14159220
It all depends on the chip. Probably around 5-5.2ghz
thanks and do you think that is enough to not be a bottle neck for 2 Asus mars ii.also when and were will those be available?just out of Curiosity:devil-smi

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosothepage;14159255
thanks and do you think that is enough to not be a bottle neck for 2 Asus mars ii.also when and were will those be available?just out of Curiosity:devil-smi
Yes, it wouldn't bottleneck even at stock settings.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlespin;14159276
You don't need 3 360 to cool one cpu.
i was also going to cool the mother board and ram but i doubt i am going to buy it.anyways thank you guys

·
Premium Member
10,836 Posts
Please take a look at the 'Sandy Stable Club', link is on my sig. I just added a couple new things to the spreadsheet that I think may help you out, however, just to remind you, all cpu's are different, so the ones that you see on the spreadsheet may not overclock similar to yours, therefore temps will also be different, on that note ambient temps are also very important.

Hope that helps
thumb.gif

·
Waiting on New Hardware
4,478 Posts
5 GHz should be very easy if your chip doesn't have some upper limit that some chips do.
anything higher than that is rare but possible if ur lucky.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
if it gets to 5ghz with relatively low volts, from there on usually its just up to you and how comfortable you feel with raising the voltage. I have seen some go as high as 5.4

1 - 12 of 12 Posts