Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i was wondering how far i could go without it overheating, it has a zalman silentpipe cooler on it and it is originally clocked at..about 450/501 and i pushed it to 491/560 i wonder because it it my friends computer how far i could push it with out it hurting?

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by suthernkid
Hello,

i was wondering how far i could go without it overheating, it has a zalman silentpipe cooler on it and it is originally clocked at..about 450/501 and i pushed it to 491/560 i wonder because it it my friends computer how far i could push it with out it hurting?
The card, if too hot, with thermal throttle (downclock itself), so it's very unlikely you'll damage it unless you try running stupid settings on it. The card will begin artifacting when too hot so you'll know where your limits are.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste
The card, if too hot, with thermal throttle (downclock itself), so it's very unlikely you'll damage it unless you try running stupid settings on it. The card will begin artifacting when too hot so you'll know where your limits are.
i had the256mb agp esdition before my 7800gs, i was able to pus hthe core tp 605 and the mem to 650 "woithout vmod" thermal throttling didnt kick in, just keep your temps low, i got those speeds on cool air cooling.

i actually had two cards like it, i sold one and i kept my orogianl, sold it as 550/600. my will run 605 / 630"solid"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts