Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I have an Intel Prescott 2.8 E HT overclocked to a 3.19 faelsy, no trouble what so ever. I have only changed my ram setting to the lowest one to lock it, other then that,I haven't changed any of my settings except the FSB number. What do you guys think i can get to with the following specs....Intel p4 2.8 E HT, 1 gb pc3200 400 mhz ram, nvidia geforce fx 5700 ultra 128mb, 280gb total hd space, DFI Lanparty pro 875b rev.b motherboard. If you think i can go higher, to waht extent, and are there other thing s i have to disbale/enable etc. I have a stock cooling system (intel p4 heatsink, 2 case fans (on inflow one outflow, and ofcourse a fan on my video card)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Depends on your luck... there's 2.8E's that went up to 4.something and others that couldn't get past 3.1
It depends on your luck with hardware parts. Try upping it some more, or upping the vcore if you can't boot/experience instability. Mind you, the upper vcore limit for PGA478 prescotts is 1.525v and 60ºC is the upper temp limit. If you're under those values, OC like no tomorrow

• Rep+
Reactions: Earion

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by calumj

give us sum temp readings that would help more

ok i got some system info such as temperatures and stuff for better predicitons..Keep in mind that my proccesor is hte 800mhz system bus not 533mhz

System temperature is around 33-35*C
Cpu alrady voerclocked from 2.8 to 3.178 is 51*C
227mhz x 14 mulitplier = 3.178
FSB = 229.1mhz
Bus Speed = 916.4mhz
Auto detect PCI clock = Enabled
Spread Spectrum = Enabled
Cpu voltage is 1.3875v
Dimm voltage control is 2.6v
AGP voltage control is 1.5v
AGP/PCI/SATA clock is locked at 66/33/100mhz

again my system specs are DFI Lan Party Pro 875b rev.b, Intel p4 2.8 EE HT, 1gb pc3200 400mhz Kingston ram,280gb maxotr/wd hard drive, stock cooling (p4 heatsink) 2 additional case fans, nvidia evga fx 5700 ultra 128mb video card. How far more do you think i can OC? my case temperature hoovers around 86*F by the way.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
turn off spread spectrum, it will limit your overclock. You will probably need more vcore to go higher, but keep an eye on temps. 1.525v should be your max vcore, and you don't want to go over 60C load temps either.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

turn off spread spectrum, it will limit your overclock. You will probably need more vcore to go higher, but keep an eye on temps. 1.525v should be your max vcore, and you don't want to go over 60C load temps either.

last time i oc'ed my vcore changed automatically when i changed the number, is that what your talking about...juts dont go over 1.525

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Assuming your BIOS is the same as mine (which it should be), you will need to manually adjust the vcore. It defaults to "auto", if I'm not mistaken. You will want to change it to "+.05" to start, and only give more vcore as needed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

Assuming your BIOS is the same as mine (which it should be), you will need to manually adjust the vcore. It defaults to "auto", if I'm not mistaken. You will want to change it to "+.05" to start, and only give more vcore as needed.

How wdo i know i will need more vcore? and also what is everyone talknig about multiplier....is that the 14x for defualt (my default)? becuase a guy in the other post sais to make it lower for better performance...or is that the whole locking it on 33/66/100 thing?

Moreover, how do i, if i save my current config to my cmos, get it back up if my pc wont boot? what key should like bring it up or something...bc last time i oc'ed to much my pc wouldnt boot nad i had to pop them battery in and out of mobo. And putting my vcore to .5 isnt that really low...they said u shouldnt go over 1.525.

okay, back after oc'ing with software im now at a 3.45 from a 2.8 my bus speed is at 987, voltage for proccessor is 1.36 still on auto, should i set it to +.05 though? my fsb is 247...when should i stop ocing?

also how do i insert images into this box?

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Your multi is locked at x14. You cannot change it. If your system is unstable, or you can't overclock the CPU any higher, then add vcore. Ultimately, you don't want to increase vcore unless it's necessary to keep pushing the processor and/or stabilize your current clock speed. Increasing vcore will also increase operational temperatures. If you push it too far and can't boot, just reset CMOS via the CMOS jumper, which is right next to the CMOS battery. During normal operation, it's set to "default". In order to reset CMOS, short the other two pins, then replace the jumper at default setting.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts