Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just started playing FF12 and I was wondering how far I am into the game... dunno why it just sort of seems like you just go from place to place and it never really gets going... but then maybe its a slow start to the game and I'm still too early on to be able to tell.

I am at the Tomb of Raithwall right where you have to fight Vossler on the ship... Shiva I think. My party's around level 16 and I've been at it some 18 hours already. So wondering how far into the locations you get to visit I am? And also how many hours are left till the end of the game?

Nevertheless I've have started to enjoy it quite abit even though its quite different from previous FF's (my fav being IX and X). I quite enjoy finding loot, new weapons and the battle system. But I prefer the more adventurous style of previous FF's where you start in one place and constantly move forward to new places and cities not going back to Rabanstre every hour

Thank you.

·
Banned
4,874 Posts
You're not anywhere near the end of the game. I played this game probably 2-3 times through and at the lowest I was level 50 when I got to the final boss.

FFXII has probably been my favorite so far
Not counting 13 which I haven't tried yet.

Edit: If I had to make a guess, you're probably 20% into the game
It's long.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just beat the game last week. Tomb of Raithwall is pretty early in the game, you have a lot to go. I believe this area is before the Osmose Plains. In the plains and the Golmore Jungle, I recommend you grind with all your characters to 25 or higher and loot, the monsters give very good loot. I finished the game at about 90 hours in without doing many extra side quests. This is because I only leveled 3 characters instead of all 6, which was a bad move. I had to grind with the 3 low levels and I did that in Osmose and Golmore. When you are near the end of the game, I recommend you grind in Guruvegan and the Steppes to get past lvl 50.

Tips:
1) Level all your characters
2) Loot and sell to get better items in new areas
3) For your magic casters, make sure you get quickenings with them first. It will give them more mp.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I forget what level I was when I finished the game but it was around 70 hours and the final boss was a joke. I did not even have to touch the controller thanks to the gambit system and it was only a 20 min fight. Took me awhile before I took full advantage of the gambit system.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay
View Post

Edit: If I had to make a guess, you're probably 20% into the game
It's long.

Ah cool thats pretty good then so it can only get better then. I also looked at a walkthrough on gamefaqs and by looking at how many places and pages of it were left I thought I was nearly halfway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by solidgear
View Post

I just beat the game last week. Tomb of Raithwall is pretty early in the game, you have a lot to go. I believe this area is before the Osmose Plains. In the plains and the Golmore Jungle, I recommend you grind with all your characters to 25 or higher and loot, the monsters give very good loot. I finished the game at about 90 hours in without doing many extra side quests. This is because I only leveled 3 characters instead of all 6, which was a bad move. I had to grind with the 3 low levels and I did that in Osmose and Golmore. When you are near the end of the game, I recommend you grind in Guruvegan and the Steppes to get past lvl 50.

Tips:
1) Level all your characters
2) Loot and sell to get better items in new areas
3) For your magic casters, make sure you get quickenings with them first. It will give them more mp.

Yeah I liking finding loot and fighting with better and better weapons. Also I use all my six characters at the moment too. 3) Will do.

Also thats another thing I wanted to say it seemed as though the locations aren't very varied, its just deserts and dungeons... but those places you mentioned sound as though they will be cooler.

Thanks for the fast replies!

·
Banned
4,874 Posts
Once you beat the story , go back and do ALL the hunts. I ended up needing to get to level 80+ so I auto trained for a couple days for 99 characters >.>

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I might do them inbetween so then the first ones won't seem so easy if I have too high level characters. Plus you get items and Gil from some of them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
It took me a while to get into the gambit system too. Once you start opening up the license board with all your characters, get gambit slots and assign gambits to all your characters. Gambits are cheap so make sure you buy some. Also keep upgrading your characters with new armors and weapons. I beat the game at 53 and it wasn't bad until the very final boss, but I didn't die once.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by solidgear View Post
It took me a while to get into the gambit system too. Once you start opening up the license board with all your characters, get gambit slots and assign gambits to all your characters. Gambits are cheap so make sure you buy some. Also keep upgrading your characters with new armors and weapons. I beat the game at 53 and it wasn't bad until the very final boss, but I didn't die once.
I died a whole bunch of times going on the hunts and loved every second of it.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
If you get to the final boss at mid 40s, he is actually pretty tough.

As to the OP question, you aren't all too far in the game yet. Still have a while to go! And try to pay attention to the story. Most people that I heard didn't enjoy the game either didn't really pay attention or understand the more politically themed story (which I thought was a very well done story-line).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts