Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to keep upping the voltage on my cpu and upping my speed as long as temps stay fine?

im at 270x10 with 1.77vcore
only at 38c fullload on the processor, and 48c on the PWM IC chip..

This is as far as i'v tried to push the cpu, as I dont wanna hurt it...

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

Is it safe to keep upping the voltage on my cpu and upping my speed as long as temps stay fine?

im at 270x10 with 1.77vcore
only at 38c fullload on the processor, and 48c on the PWM IC chip..

This is as far as i'v tried to push the cpu, as I dont wanna hurt it...

Yup you're safe you still have a ways to push it before it's maxed out for you. Up that vcore a tad bit more, shoot for not going above 55-60*c MAXIMUM under a full load.

You won't hurt it as long as you can cool it.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

Yup you're safe you still have a ways to push it before it's maxed out for you. Up that vcore a tad bit more, shoot for not going above 55-60*c MAXIMUM under a full load.

You won't hurt it as long as you can cool it.

Not necessarily, there's a point where too much voltage will just kill the chip. I persoanlly wouldn't use any more than 1.8volts without phase-change cooling.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Not necessarily, there's a point where too much voltage will just kill the chip. I persoanlly wouldn't use any more than 1.8volts without phase-change cooling.

O nonsence he can go to 1.9 fine

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tw33k2514

O nonsence he can go to 1.9 fine

Right, well if his chip dies in 2 days, I wonder whose ass he's gonna be after
1.8volts is already .4 volts off the default, that's a massive increase for something as sensetive as a microprocessor...

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Right, well if his chip dies in 2 days, I wonder whose ass he's gonna be after
1.8volts is already .4 volts off the default, that's a massive increase for something as sensetive as a microprocessor...

I think mines 1.5 stock
Its the DTR

I got rid of my hd and am still having reboot problems... It dosne't reboot under full load, or in games... it only reboots while loading a game up, exiting a game, or accessing the hard disk... its really weird

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Still, that's a lot of juice
Anyway, sounds like maybe a bad hard drive controller? I dunno.

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

I don't think he's going to be going that high

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
could be my video card, hopfully..

its just weird I can fold 24/7 at 2.7ghz, or I can keep stock 2.2clock and exit a game (after playing a hour straight) and it reboots when it hits windows lol

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was at 280x10 today, 1.88 vcore I think it was, I tried for 265x11 without upping the vcore ne more but I think im dreaming

I cut it back tho, imma sit at around 2.6ghz tell I get a chilled setup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts