Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
System is AMD 64 3200+ OC'ed to 4.45 mhz using watercooling on cpu and vga. After several days of trying different combinations, I was finally able to have a stable system and actually complete benchmarking (without freezing). Stable sys and benchmarking was based on 3DMark03 and being able to run doom 3 (just until I beat the game, so that took awhile). I flashed my pro to XT, and then OC'd it using ATI Tool to 369 (mem) x 430 (core). 3dmark03 scores hit 6806. Has anyone been able to OC higher than this? I'm basically new to the vid card OC world, so I don't know if this is good or not.

Once in awhile, in D3, I get the white dot artificats. However, it's pretty random, maybe only pops up 15% of the time I play. Now... since I'd rather continue playing the other 85% of the time with a faster FPS, is it safe? Or is even the slightest amount of artifacts dangerous and can harm the vga? Lastly, after D3, I gave FarCry and shot. FarCry freezes on me after just a couple minutes. Do you think this is related to the OC'ing of the VGA, CPU, drivers, or coicidence? I don't expect solid answers, just friendly opinions from the OC wizard's and general users 'round these parts =D Thanks for any replies

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, very new, not too sure what oemga's or dna's are that your refferin to. They 3rd party? I'm just using the drivers off my CD (says 12-016), probably very outdated by now. I read about the new cat 2.6 drivers, and I was gonna try that, but i never able to successfully download it. I assume they really help huh? And since the artifacts only appear rarely, is it still dangerous to run reglardless?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
what drivers are you using get some omega or dna also lower your oca little bit if your getting artifacts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, tons of drivers at http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=18. I decided to go with the Radeon Omega Drivers 2.5.9.0. Here's hoping to up my speeds and stop the freezing issue in farcry...
I'll post my scores after I try the new drivers. Still curious how high others were able to OC without problems =)
Thanx btw ThE_GeNeRaL

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL
huh 2.6 are old as i wouldnt risk it just decrease it by about 5 to 10mhz

go to www,guru3d.com or www.driversheaven.net for the drivers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts