System is AMD 64 3200+ OC'ed to 4.45 mhz using watercooling on cpu and vga. After several days of trying different combinations, I was finally able to have a stable system and actually complete benchmarking (without freezing). Stable sys and benchmarking was based on 3DMark03 and being able to run doom 3 (just until I beat the game, so that took awhile). I flashed my pro to XT, and then OC'd it using ATI Tool to 369 (mem) x 430 (core). 3dmark03 scores hit 6806. Has anyone been able to OC higher than this? I'm basically new to the vid card OC world, so I don't know if this is good or not.
Once in awhile, in D3, I get the white dot artificats. However, it's pretty random, maybe only pops up 15% of the time I play. Now... since I'd rather continue playing the other 85% of the time with a faster FPS, is it safe? Or is even the slightest amount of artifacts dangerous and can harm the vga? Lastly, after D3, I gave FarCry and shot. FarCry freezes on me after just a couple minutes. Do you think this is related to the OC'ing of the VGA, CPU, drivers, or coicidence? I don't expect solid answers, just friendly opinions from the OC wizard's and general users 'round these parts =D Thanks for any replies