Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
apparently many many years ago i brought 2 from frys for 19.99 each and tried to sell them and i ended up giving one to my dad and i still have another one here brand new. Looking around this mouse seem to better than my mamba and i should consider using it over getting a naos 500?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just look for some review apparently if you get it to poll @ 1000 it loses are its negative effect and is a pretty damn amazing mouse.

·
Registered
243 Posts
They're still well loved by Quake and CS players, if you're low sensitivity and up the poll rate you will have zero complaints with its tracking. Less prediction than the MX518 as well.

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitally
View Post

who would poll an optical mouse to 1000hz which was older than g1?

The question you should be asking is who wouldn't? The G1 or any other G series mice that launched after it are honestly a piece of crap in comparison of sensor performance. The Mx300 and Mx500 use the blueprints sensor (ADNS-2020) for the Avago ADNS-S3668, ADNS-S3888, and ADNS-3090.

http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a...265679&page=12

It might not look that appealing at 125hz, but it's literally being bottlenecked by the 8 bit controller. OCing the mouse to 1000hz unleashes it's true perfect control rate of 3.91m/s. No other LED based sensor architecture has been able to compare, I mean Avago actually recently went back to this with the new ADNS-3090.

TL;DR

The mouse is literally quite better than most newer mice sensor performance wise, but whether 400 DPI is enough for you is the deciding factor. Plenty of people still search for these mice and can be worth quite a penny depending on how bad someone wants one.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylit
View Post

The question you should be asking is who wouldn't? The G1 or any other G series mice that launched after it are honestly a piece of crap in comparison of sensor performance. The Mx300 and Mx500 use the blueprints sensor (ADNS-2020) for the Avago ADNS-S3668, ADNS-S3888, and ADNS-3090.

http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a...265679&page=12

It might not look that appealing at 125hz, but it's literally being bottlenecked by the 8 bit controller. OCing the mouse to 1000hz unleashes it's true perfect control rate of 3.91m/s. No other LED based sensor architecture has been able to compare, I mean Avago actually recently went back to this with the new ADNS-3090.

TL;DR

The mouse is literally quite better than most newer mice sensor performance wise, but whether 400 DPI is enough for you is the deciding factor. Plenty of people still search for these mice and can be worth quite a penny depending on how bad someone wants one.

ooooh. The MX510 seems to be listed under that too oooh.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mistax
View Post

The MX510 is a little different, it has the same malfunction speed but can only do a bit under 500hz polling rate.

You can set it to 800 dpi though!

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistax;13124368
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUKED;13124824
The MX510 is a little different, it has the same malfunction speed but can only do a bit under 500hz polling rate.

You can set it to 800 dpi though!
Yeah, although perfect control and malfunction rates are lower in comparison to the Mx300/500.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alrighty. Thank you skylit. xD so i guess i'll be using this instead of buying a new mouse hah. a Gem in the rough.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I grew up playing 1.6 with an mx300...by far my favorite mouse i've ever used. Once they stopped production of the mouse it has been extremely hard to find.

Edit: I always polled the mx300 to 1000hz using mouserate switcher

1 - 12 of 12 Posts