Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like i'm going to be forced to buy the 980X from newegg and i'm forced to get an asus board with it. How good is the Rampage II Extreme?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
its very good for anything you wana do also easy to overclock on it, only one thing there is new version coming with 3.0 usb but gonna be rampage III extreme so you might wana wait

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
Wait. Don't force yourself to buy anything you don't want to.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by cl04k3d View Post
Wait. Don't force yourself to buy anything you don't want to.
I can always sell the board bro. I already have the EVGA board sitting here but i want my gulftown.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
If your mot gonna use it, get something cheaper!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I love my RIIE. its a great board with great overclocking features. It has some gimmicks like the LCD poster and all the lights but its looks great and its super stable.

I would recommend it but it is the higher end of the price range... its up to you to decide.

edit: but I haven't seen any bios support yet for the 980x for the RIIE (or any Asus x58 boards)... it would probably work but its unsupported right now (afaik).

·
Gone
8,730 Posts
Asus Enthusiast boards are typically very high quality.

I've owned several since the P4 days. Zero problems.

·
Banned
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard View Post
I love my RIIE. its a great board with great overclocking features. It has some gimmicks like the LCD poster and all the lights but its looks great and its super stable.

I would recommend it but it is the higher end of the price range... its up to you to decide.

edit: but I haven't seen any bios support yet for the 980x for the RIIE (or any Asus x58 boards)... it would probably work but its unsupported right now (afaik).

Nothing like selling a board that doesn't support it.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts