Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
PC Gamer
Joined
·
1,776 Posts
don't buy it

T.V is basically ruined, don't waste your money on Broken electronics , no body fixes things these days, it's just sent out under warranty for a new one

it costs to much to get someone in and fix it, so hence they just replace it

and it's not worth your time to try and fix something like that, by the time you put your time and effort and money into it, you might as well get a nice 22" Widescreen Monitor from samsung
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by William151515
View Post

don't buy it

T.V is basically ruined, don't waste your money on Broken electronics , no body fixes things these days, it's just sent out under warranty for a new one

it costs to much to get someone in and fix it, so hence they just replace it

and it's not worth your time to try and fix something like that, by the time you put your time and effort and money into it, you might as well get a nice 22" Widescreen Monitor from samsung

Do you actually know this? It kinda sounds like your going off of heresay.

She just told me I can have the TV for $75.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
I fixed our projection tv by replacing a capacitor. It wasn't too hard to tell you the truth. It might even be easier if you are just replacing the whole board. I would check to see how difficult it will be to find the parts first.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,936 Posts
rear projection tvs are always an "easy fix" lol, never come across one that wasn't, look up the symptoms if you can online and get some insight, sometimes they're easy to fix but hard to find the part or not worth the repair cost.

its not something i would get into, in addition to the broken part, it could need a cleaning, and alignment, although doesn't seem too bad from the crappy pictures.

Remember its 75 bucks to pick it up, plus repair costs, and if it doesn't fix it, disposal/recycling costs also.

I looked up that flywheel thing they talked about in the 2nd link , its 80 bucks and some soldering on a quick google search from what I could tell, but there are all kinds of voltage regulators etc inside of those things... so who knows for sure

Could be worth it if you're willing to spend time and a bit of money on it, but remember those are dated tech now...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn, I was hoping someone could give me a definite answer.

I know nothing about TV's, although I have seen inside them and they look pretty identical to a cheap PC....mothers, PCB's and all that jazz....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,936 Posts
well those are 2 pretty distinct problems, google searchs on both of the key problem terms from the listings brought up parts and solutions... the support is there, and are probably pretty basic issues... give one a go, just make sure you let capacitors discharge before you touch them, and don't touch any bulbs with your fingers!

I did a ton of research to fix an old rear proj I had a few years ago, turned out it was a $125 part for a 10 or 12 year old projection tv, that might not fix this issue, so I never even got into it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,412 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker
View Post

Damn, I was hoping someone could give me a definite answer.

I know nothing about TV's, although I have seen inside them and they look pretty identical to a cheap PC....mothers, PCB's and all that jazz....

Like I said, if you are replacing a board then it wouldn't be that hard. It would be like replacing a videocard in a pc. However, finding that component might be the problem.

I had to replace capacitors on my tv and that wasn't too hard either. Here's the thread on how that fix went....

http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...red-first.html
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,950 Posts
I had a TV like this. It will cost more to fix it than to just buy a newer better LCD TV.

I had a 42" Projection TV and it was going to cost around $1500 to have it repaired.

I wouldn't even waste your time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,949 Posts
TVs are very hard and expensive to service by yourself. Just buy a new one.
 

·
Fettered Firewall
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
TVs are very hard and expensive to service by yourself. Just buy a new one.
ORLY? 6$ fix for me on a near 2k LCD HD TV..


http://www.overclock.net/monitors-di...ml#post5796455

I'm NOT saying this job would be easy and I had the affected TV already so Krunk if your willing to toss 75$ down the drain if it's too hard then I say go for it.. You never know!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,949 Posts
Try craigslist. I bought mine Brand new still sealed in box for 500$ (CAD) last year...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:


Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx
View Post

Try craigslist. I bought mine Brand new still sealed in box for 500$ (CAD) last year...

lol

Did you not even see the first link I posted?

 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top