Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a asus p5gl-mx mobo and i want to know if theres anyone who can go far with the same mobo..

can the FSB really go up to 240MHz as it says in the BIOS?

thanks..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

There is only one way to find out how high it can go! OC it.

well..
i did..
but i can only get 3.48GHz from 3.20?
if i increase the FSB more than 217MHz it wont boot up..
my RAM timings is 3-3-3-8..

·
Banned
240 Posts
what is your ram? i know it says ddr, but what speeds? that could very well be whats keeping you from going higher. your cpu should do 4ghz easy on air, with a big typhoon though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by minusthirteen View Post
i own a asus p5gl-mx mobo and i want to know if theres anyone who can go far with the same mobo..

can the FSB really go up to 240MHz as it says in the BIOS?

thanks..

I own the same mobo and went upto 240MHz. The key to getting there is when You arein Jumperfree settings, under the DRAM Frequency select the low frequrency i.e. from the 2 freq listed which have to be 3xx and other 4xx some thing. Select the one which is lower. Then increase the CPU freqancy restart to see if it works. I was having the same problem as you
. I am currently running stock cooling so havent check if the OS is stable too. I have 3.4 Ghz which I OCed to 4.03
but temps were very high like 65 to 67 celcius so didnt botherwd to try running OS. Will confirm it soon when I get a cooling solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by x2s3w4 View Post
How long did it take you to find this 2 1/2 year old post?
LOL.
Sorry for such a late reply but its not my fault you can see my registration date to verify it. I had always been hearing about overclocking but never tried it because of all the risks involved
. Also when I bought my new system back in 2005 it was quite fast
compared to standards of those days so never needed overclocking. Recently I had been having issues in upgrading my system and since I could'nt :swearing::swearing::swearing: I thought of trying to overclock :rolleyes. So here I am

·
Registered
3 Posts
P.S. I think minusthirteen had already found out the solution or had already upgradeded but I wrote just to help out someone whos looking for the same answer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts