Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm wondering how hot I can run the 10900K?
I have it clocked to 4,8GHz with vcore of 1.150 and CPU Package is 82-84c and the CPU Socket is around 71-72c
OCCT small run for 2h stabile and no WHEA issues
Prime95 small run for 2h stabile and no WHEA issues
RealBench run for 1h no issues.
CinebenchR20 no issues.

Here is my stats:
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V10/display.php?id=127785935112

Can I press it a little more? Is it safe to up to for example 88c?

P.S I'm a little worried because when I did mount my new motherboard today It was not 100% Perfect aline with the chassi distans so I needed to re-try some times and I'm worried that I did break it but I guess that I should notice it if it was broken and the screw holes was so I did see the golden distans in the chassi I guess that the motherboard is protected around the "holes" and also a wider bit then just the hole in the bottom of the motherboard?

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,934 Posts
Not sure what you are doing to "overclock" here. "Overclock" on forums normally means increasing clock speeds to levels faster than stock settings can run. Based on that i9 10900K stock clock settings are 3.7GHz base, with factory "overclock" for 5.1GHz, 5.2GHz & 5.3GHz. 5.3GHz is stock 'turbo frequency' speed.

·
Facepalm
8,201 Posts
Not sure what you are doing to "overclock" here. "Overclock" on forums normally means increasing clock speeds to levels faster than stock settings can run. Based on that i9 10900K stock clock settings are 3.7GHz base, with factory "overclock" for 5.1GHz, 5.2GHz & 5.3GHz. 5.3GHz is stock 'turbo frequency' speed.
5.3 ghz is "Turbo Velocity boost" on 2 cores (with per core usage, and temps <70C).
Stock turbo frequency is 4.8 ghz all cores (up to 100C). Stock turbo TVB on all cores (if core temps <70C) is 4.9 ghz.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,505 Posts
5.3 ghz is "Turbo Velocity boost" on 2 cores (with per core usage, and temps <70C).
Stock turbo frequency is 4.8 ghz all cores (up to 100C). Stock turbo TVB on all cores (if core temps <70C) is 4.9 ghz.

Wouldn't worry too much about elevated temps here because Intel has for years implemented throttling to reduce a melt down when it occurs.

Hence enjoy the heat and performance until it down-clocks to save itself.

Although using a 'Giant Air Cooler, in a well vented case would be highly recommended, as I shall be delving into the 10th Gen hardware quite soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts