Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Overclockiit
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my Ati Radeon 9800XT runs 67-69 idle
and about 70-78 load that seems a little high for idle temps so i took the stock cooling off and added some antec silver paste and that hasnt made any difference, now i know the card will only cool but so low depending on the ambient temp, so i took the side panel off still 67-69 idle after hours, now i know what i need to do to cool it, but my question is why the hell does this card idle so hot, i never noticed it this high idle before till i checked the temps, which i rarely do with my card, any comments would be apreciated.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by |2A|N

Ok my Ati Radeon 9800XT runs 67-69 idle
and about 70-78 load that seems a little high for idle temps so i took the stock cooling off and added some antec silver paste and that hasnt made any difference, now i know the card will only cool but so low depending on the ambient temp, so i took the side panel off still 67-69 idle after hours, now i know what i need to do to cool it, but my question is why the hell does this card idle so hot, i never noticed it this high idle before till i checked the temps, which i rarely do with my card, any comments would be apreciated.

According to a post in another forum the temps are:
@ stock its always 71c
overcloked its 77c
link

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnmcgrail

how could i check the temps on my vid card? i know its only a 9800PRO, but ive got the new cats, so why dosnt it say?

According to what I found in my research you should be able to check the temp with a utility from abit, Which is ATITOOL.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
well that just sucks, my friend told me when he bought his 9800XT about overdrive, and i just started wondering if i could get it, but meh lol

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blob

?! ATi tool has nothing to do with ABit

shawn, 9800Pro's dont have temp sensors, only XT's sorry

Sorry I typed ABIT when I means to type ATI.

What models of ATI vid cards have temp sensors?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts