Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a good amount of windows open and programs running when I noticed that my system wasn't as responsive as usual. And when I say this, I was competely nit-picking and most people would have been perfectly happy with the responsiveness I was witnessing. But, I didn't like it. I was upset and angry that my i7 wasn't being everything I had dreamed off.

Then I remembered I was running a Prime95 toture test which had my CPU running at 100%! This "ever so slight" lag I was experiencing was only present because every circuit in my CPU was under load. Considering it was under full load, the responsiveness was still many times better than most everyday computers you find at the library, schools, friends' for example. Lol

God, I love this processor! Way to go Intel!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Eh, once upon a time light bulbs were the way to go...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by heathmcabee
View Post

ya, sucks to be you.

I don't think you understood my story. I was running everything fine with CPU at 100%

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cpyder
View Post

I don't think you understood my story. I was running everything fine with CPU at 100%

Quote:

Originally Posted by heathmcabee
View Post

ya, sucks to be you.

Sarcasm!

I would love to upgrade to i7, but do I need to? No, lucky me

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
My processor pulls over 9000 milliWatts

But the 920 is a pretty good processor. I've built a couple and its spot on for performance junkies. Its just disappointing that the people I build it for just surf the internet with it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukeatluke
View Post

Sarcasm!

I would love to upgrade to i7, but do I need to? No, lucky me

Oops! Running off little sleep. I'm kinda out of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts