Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All courses specially design patterns I repeat like 4 and 5 times and still forget !! recruiter ask me like google they expect to get the answer to expression or syntax in a second , I answer I dont remember so they simply say goodbye
what to do ??
I have short memory and I can not move further but I love coding alot

· Senior Overclocker
5,395 Posts
Don't give up. Keep trying and look for jobs with practical exams, rather that asking you to repeat stuff from memory. This way you can actually show what you can do on the test and get a better chance. These are the companies you want to look for anyway, that value actual results, not repeating from memory like a parrot.

· Dev
Intel i9-12900K
2,079 Posts
Yea don't give up. I remember looking for IT work in my town once and one company interview me and I guess the guys were from the old Microsoft days. They asked all these crazy questions I can't remember at the time so I was not selected for the job. Funny years later I work for their HQ that own that company for IT. lol So, don't give up my friend it will all work out in the end.

• Rep+
Reactions: Welliam

· Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Problem if they dont ask you verbal they give you assessment link to this platform HackerRank. 95% of them do this. And this platform produce hard to solve riddles in short time (counter running). I never was able to pass. I passed other platforms that give sensible questions but not this one.

I have total 25 years (maybe more) 15 of them are in freelance sites like upwork doing 100% successful work but no clients any more so I tried onsite companies but for the last 6 years I was not able to be accepted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.