Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How real are the people/things/places, objects, treasures, etc

Some of us sure spend our time "in there"

Surely we would die if we tried most these things once in this place of real life reality (games often ignore known science and observation of outcomes)

I knew that

·
Registered
540 Posts
What is real life?

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Sometimes they are everything, other times I can't even be bothered...so I don't even know lol Looking over the course of my whole life though, I would say they have played a pretty significant role in who I am. I don't need to game often though...in fact, right now, I only game for maybe a few hours per week. But...I do gaming related things constantly...game development stuff, character art, textures, etc. So I don't know...tough question. I guess I will answer it this way...if I had to give up my guitar, which I suck at, or games, which I am good at...it would be the games every time. So I guess not THAT important lol

·
Banned
20 Posts
Actually they are part of my life. I even can't think a single day without playing video games. I love to play different online games. Much interesting.
smile.gif

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to play for 8-10 hours per day. Now i'm only playing for 7-8 hours per week. I love gaming on my pc and i want to immerse myself when playing. So, yeah, big part of my life and a nice way to forget the "real world".

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really wish I got payed for it, like a job. And IRL I don't want to fight Imperial wars of aggression for the usual suspects, and outside my computer games is not "really" like FO4 ??? Maybe it is ??? But my physical body sure is not like in games.

·
Banned
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADLAZARUS View Post

I used to play for 8-10 hours per day. Now i'm only playing for 7-8 hours per week. I love gaming on my pc and i want to immerse myself when playing. So, yeah, big part of my life and a nice way to forget the "real world".
That's really amazing. Though I love games to play but don't use so much times per day.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketAbyss View Post

How do you kill, that which has no life?
Haha, that is one of my favourite epsiodes.

I game for 0-4 hours per day, maybe 15 hours per week on average. Its very nice to get immersed in a different world as long as you take care of yourself, friends and family in the real one.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2 View Post

I game for 0-4 hours per day, maybe 15 hours per week on average. Its very nice to get immersed in a different world as long as you take care of yourself, friends and family in the real one.
Same game time and sentiment on gaming.

My group of friends has consistently occupied a vent>mumble>discord channel since we were kids. We used to do our school work together before jumping into WoW (lol). We continue to keep our community alive and find games that we all enjoy playing. Despite living in different states and such we still find time to jump into games together. As long as you have balance in your life, games can be an amazing way to stimulate your mind and be social.
thumb.gif

·
Filthy Casual
2,949 Posts
Gaming was life before I had my first kid. I'd play probably 40 hours a week; each day after work and majority of weekends with the exception of doing RL things with my wife, family and friends (we like the outdoors believe it or not
tongue.gif
)

I've not had "balance" since my daughter was born in July. I didn't touch my PC the first few months, but I've been able to squeeze in an hour or two on weekends in the middle of the night as to not disrupt home life.

I'm finding less and less time to play games and it kinda sucks, but family comes first.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It's just a hobby.

I could drop it tomorrow and not care.

Franky, growing up going from an NES in the late 80s to a GTX 970 now, that kind of perspective has really shown how much video games have stagnated the past 5 or 7 years.

So, eh, I something peeks my interest a little I check it out, but if not... I'll do my other stuff.

·
in da freezing hell
314 Posts
Depends for me. RL is very busy particularly at work with 2.5 hours of daily commute, so I'm usually too tired for gaming.
But awfull weather WEs, yes, I can spend 8 hours gaming and it's a nice time killer.

Same time, I can spend 6 months with no gaming at all ...

So, I'd say it's important, mostly to care for the hard work of devs, and profit for their work ...

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Important. Saves me from spending my money by going out, so I can use that money for my hobbies instead. Win Win.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
How important are video games to me? As of recent I consider them almost irrelevant.
I'll go back a decade-ish, Half-Life 2 (and the wonderful amount of mods that came with it), BF2, Halo 2-3, MW2, TF2, a handful of MMORPGs, etc kept me entertained for 10-16+ hours a day. I used to love gaming.
As of the last few years I've gone down to 0-5 hours a month. I just don't find them as captivating or unique as they once were to me...more or less they feel stagnant to me as umeng2002 mentioned.

I feel a bit of it is (IMO) the fact being that they keep dragging game series out and milking them dry instead of creating something unique, such as CoD.
Another ill fated example is TF2 and Valve in general - new IP? continuation of a series? Don't be silly, you shall receive hats and gun skins instead.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
It's a hobby I enjoy. Mainly seeing grfx improve over the months and years. Growing up with Amiga I enjoy the pirate scene and checking out all different sorts of games. Though these days I buy most AAAs im interested in. As well as throwing money on new GPUs each year.

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
Grew up with them. As others have said, I love seeing the continual growth of graphics..

To tell you the truth, video games have been in my life longer than most of my current friends, and they will probably be there afterwards too.

·
Amiga 500
3,680 Posts
The moment my father brought me my Amiga 500 so many years before,I was also hooked on gaming...

But the last couple of years it's somewhat of a phase with me,since I have more responsibilties now,I guess(?)..I might game for a month straight for as many hours I can a day,or I may just game once a month or something..

But I'm certain that I won't stop getting and playing games in the many years to come also.. :p

..but right now I believe that I think of gaming like this :

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts