Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the ACER X263WBI... Does anyone have it?

I have one and I love it.

Acer X263WBI



It does 1920x1200, I very much enjoy gaming on it, and I am getting another 470 to be able to play tougher titles like Metro 2033, which eats my current 470 for breakfast.

I bought it a while ago, but it's still holding up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:


Originally Posted by jp27
View Post

tbh, its pretty ugly and its a TN so nothing special

I've had it for about 3 years, so I bought it for (open box) 380 CAD at the time
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,798 Posts
It's the average monitor, to be honest

It's TN. So it looks washed out compared to higher end monitors (IPS panel) such as the dell u2410 or the HP zr24w

However, it can still compete with all of the other TN monitors currently on the market. That monitor is nothing to be ashamed of. It does the job wonderfully. Just that there are better things out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant;13140161
It's the average monitor, to be honest

It's TN. So it looks washed out compared to higher end monitors (IPS panel) such as the dell u2410 or the HP zr24w

However, it can still compete with all of the other TN monitors currently on the market. That monitor is nothing to be ashamed of. It does the job wonderfully. Just that there are better things out there.
Yeah, thanks man. Would it be worth my while to get a U3011 or something like that?

It does the job for me, and gaming at 1920x1200 is a pleasure
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,798 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jam3s
View Post

Yeah, thanks man. Would it be worth my while to get a U3011 or something like that?

It does the job for me, and gaming at 1920x1200 is a pleasure

Yeah it would be worth it to go U3011 if you have the money.

The resolution increase is just like 1440x900 -> 1920x1200. BUT 1920x1200 -> 2560x1600 is a slightly bigger upgrade IMO.

Not only does the resolution matter, the IPS panels like the U3011 have better colors. This makes it seem like you are viewing through a window, instead of a monitor. Games will look much better since they don't look washed out like on TN panels. And there are NO viewing angle issues. You can view it from practically any angle without almost any color distortion.

But it will take a lot of GPU power to run. It's twice the pixels. If it's worth it, that's up to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:


Originally Posted by De-Zant
View Post

Yeah it would be worth it to go U3011 if you have the money.

The resolution increase is just like 1440x900 -> 1920x1200. BUT 1920x1200 -> 2560x1600 is a slightly bigger upgrade IMO.

Not only does the resolution matter, the IPS panels like the U3011 have better colors. This makes it seem like you are viewing through a window, instead of a monitor. Games will look much better since they don't look washed out like on TN panels. And there are NO viewing angle issues. You can view it from practically any angle without almost any color distortion.

But it will take a lot of GPU power to run. It's twice the pixels. If it's worth it, that's up to you.

I'm looking at what, 800 bucks for it? I will have SLI GTX 470's, do you think 2560x1600 would be too hard to run?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,798 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s;13140280
I'm looking at what, 800 bucks for it? I will have SLI GTX 470's, do you think 2560x1600 would be too hard to run?
Depends on the game. Of course you won't be able to run metro maxed, tho I doubt you can do that at 1920x1200 either.

However, most games will be very fine maxed. You might have to drop the AA to x2, but that is all it takes at such a high resolution.

If you are serious about getting a U3011, I suggest creating a thread asking all these questions. I myself haven't played games at 2560x1600, and I'm not too sure how much FPS you will get. My bet is that 2x 470s would be enough.

You should feel lucky. 800 dollars is a great price. The U3011 goes for 1500€ here. That's about 2000 dollars, methinks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, I will most likely grab a U3011 in the summer-time if I can, I'm short on cash at the moment
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top