Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed an SMP WU that was worth ~3.3k credits roughly 4 hours ago, but it has yet to update on either the [email protected] site or the EOC site. Does it usually take this long? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
it depends if it is a Bigadv or a SMP project 6701/2 or a regular SMP.
I do SMP's in 6h worth 3-3.6k or 6701/2 in 13-15h worth 5-6k

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my first post, I meant how long does it take for your stats to update after the WU has already been completed?

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Should show in the EOC update in ~20 minutes

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadragon View Post
It's been 4 hours and my stats haven't been updated in either [email protected]'s main site or EOC :/
If it was turned in after 12PM EST, it won't show up in EOC until the 3PM CST update. And if it's turned in after 3PM EST, it won't show up until EOC's 6PM update

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it helps, I moved the location of my SMP FAH folder and deleted everything except for the .exe and the client.cfg (in order to clear up space on my desktop). The rest of the files were generated again after I ran it again. But this was after the WU in question was already completed.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
That wouldn't help---why did you do this?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmx+ View Post
That wouldn't help---why did you do this?

I just needed to organize my FAH files better. I initially installed it to the desktop by accident and there were like 7 files for SMP just lying about. I was too lazy to do the whole command prompt setup thing again so I just moved the .exe while keeping the config. This was based on advice from the SMP tutorial thread.

Edit: I'm thinking that the server might ping back to your system to check on the data when it comes time to update, but since I had deleted those files it doesn't see them so it doesn't count? It's been 4 hours, which is longer than the update cycle for both Stanford and EOC. I hope that's the case, because if it is I'll just bite the bullet and take the loss. If not then my future WUs from SMP are in danger as well.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
You should know within about 5 minutes for sure.

And would you mind filling in your system specs?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

You should know within about 5 minutes for sure.

And would you mind filling in your system specs?
Yeah, it didn't update. It updated my GPU WUs though, which completed after the CPU one did. I really hope that it had something to do with the file move so that it will only be a one-time effect.

And I've filled out my sigrig.

·
Premium Member
46,116 Posts
What's your Folding name?

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Why not post it here?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Why not post it here?
Sorry, I'm new to both this forum and this project so I'm not quite comfortable sharing my user in public yet. I hope you will understand.

·
Premium Member
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quadragon View Post
Sorry, I'm new to both this forum and this project so I'm not quite comfortable sharing my user in public yet. I hope you will understand.
That's understandable

Oh, and YGPM

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
One thing I learned at the beginning of my folding work is not to get so anxious for things to happen or appear. The key is to give the process time to work before you apply a "fix".

1 - 19 of 19 Posts