Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long should i run cpu burn in for? i have the stock cooler on at the moment and i have clocked my 3.4 to 3.8 and its working nice and stable but how long should i run cpu burn in and it has been runnin for 5 mins and and the max it got to was 65 soo should i get a typhoon and how long should i run it for to test my stock

·
Registered
486 Posts
Yes, those temperatures are a bit high in my opinion, and a better cooling never hurted anyone. I wouldnt know about CPU Burn in, but I sure can tell you abour Prime95. Try two instances of it, 100% Full Load, and then see those temperatures. The "good" temperature never exceeds 50C, 55C at max, but if you want a ok overclock, AND to keep your CPU alive, don't go past 60C!

·
Registered
312 Posts
wow , 65 is very high , he above says dont go over 60 , i said dont go over 50 .. and the computer should be running in 24 hours , so you have a long wait boy
and if you cant get it under 60 then buy a new cooler

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for that tis much appreciated im gonna stick my cpu down to stock and leave it till i get my big typhoon how much do you think i will be able to clock my 3.4 too, i have good airflow and am gonna buy and good case too soo

what do you think?

·
Banned
1,451 Posts
A burn in takes like a week.
But its not 24/7 of the CPU on.
From what I here it should be heated then cooled then heated then cooled and so on.

·
I remember when......
3,812 Posts
Arctic Silver states that it needs 200 hours of run time to fully seat, and that these hours should be broken up by time allowing the system to cool all the way to room tempeture.

Some people don't beleive you should let a CPU burn in first, that you can run it full bore right out of the gates..........me, I figure, burn in doesn't hurt anything, so why not do it.

After all, if giving it time to seat does nothing, then I just wasted time. But if it does make a difference, and I don't do it, well, then I might have wasted a chip and my money.

I have plenty of time......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts