Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mainly ensure stability when I play my games.

Its been running for an hour and ten mins so far and the temps seem locked at 54c-55c.

What are good air cooling temps on air anyhow? during load. for these processors.

Thanks In Advance.

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
3 hrs is usually sufficient although like Youra said 6-8 hrs is better. NB gets max stress about 2-1/2Hrs at 512K

Linux is NOT the same as prime95 blend.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
man i dont understand can someone explain this to me.

i have been running prime for 2hrs it was stuck at 54c-55c 10mins later now its dropped down to 47c wth? no it seems stuck around 47c.

what is a good load temp for 955 on aircooling?

i think i might just need to place the paste or add a side fan? opposed to the actual cooler.

i get 26c idle with it.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Maybe your cpu fan speed revved up when it hit a certain temp?

Mine normally loads at 54c on stock cooling after about an hour, but today i left it for 6 hours while i was at work and when i got back the temps were at 56c and the cpu fan going at 5400rmp even though id got it set to smart fan disabled which i thort was rather odd lol. Because normally with smart disabled it runs at 3500.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As to the stress testing with linx I have run it passed and then ran prime and epic fail, from personal experiance prime is the better test and you need atleast 3 hour on prime blend as stated above to properly stress NB (ram). I have same cpu and at stock volts my max temp during stress testing is 53c but was 56c before lapping heatsink only and switching to artic silver 5. Also my cpu needs 1.4 volts for 3.6 and a fair bit more to go higher. I have found using FSB instead of upping mutliplyer to work better. I am not the most knowledgable at this but this is what I have come learn on my first build and oc. Good luck and have fun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts