Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my i7 rig parts and build should be done in a couple of weeks, and I am giving this AMD system to my son for his gaming rig. I want to undervolt the CPU, while maintaining a fairly speedy clock.

This is where I am at so far, so basically what I want to know, is what is a good stopping point for gaming?

I have the CPU unlocked to 4 cores, and the CPU VID @ -.075 sitting at 3.2GHz...so far 4 hour Prime stable...CPU-z shows 1.23v. The ram is at 1066MHz w/ timings of 5-5-5-15. HT & NB are at stock so 2000 each...I haven't tried to OC/undervolt the NB yet, as I want to find my final ground for the CPU first. 3 bumps down on the voltage for the CPU seems pretty good to me, but can I go further, or do I need to? By further I mean higher OC, or lower volts or both?

I really just want to get this thing down as low as possible, and as fast as possible, so it's rock solid for him for a couple of years, minus the occasional GPU upgrade.

Thanks for any info, and thoughts/opinions (and sorry for the rushed topic, out the door to work lol)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
If you're not running a dual gpu setup, then 3.0 to 3.2 GHz is definitely fine.

Just keep dropping the vcore until it is no longer stable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.