Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elpida's bankruptcy and the subsequent (and continuing) DDR3 price increases basically ended the idea that each generation of RAM will constantly go down in price from introduction to sunset, so I'm wondering how DDR4 will fare in that regard - will the remaining 3 work together to ensure that the DDR4 prices we see today will remain as they are for years to come?

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Well from what I have seen with DDR from the start is that the price has gone down slightly each year, sometimes more than others. The price will fall, have no doubt about that for DDR4. It's brand new and very expensive now, and if it does NOT go down eventually I will eat my hat. How much the price will drop however is another subject and we can only see. Most likely I think there will be a small drop in 2015, and perhaps a bigger drop in 2016 more realistically.

·
Registered
287 Posts
As long as there is not pressing need that will force all PC owners to upgrade to DDR4, supply and demand will still persist. As long as prices don't change, moderate spenders will shy away from investing in DDR4, which will lead to manufacturers and/or suppliers lowering their prices to entice people to buy DDR4 memory and clear the growing supply surplus, allowing them to manufacture more.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
It was cheap at launch
I dont like saying this but i paid 600 for my g.skill 3333 kit

They will never be as cheap as they were at launch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts