Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't see a thread like this, so I started one

I'm selling my 3GS, and then saving for one when it gets released on the 14th in Canada.

It might be hard to find one at an Apple store, and it seems like CL will hike up prices for this reason.

Looking to get the 32GB if possible...

Anyone else getting the 4S?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Bought my wife a htc sensation and it puts the iphones to shame. The front screen is animated and much, much faster than the current iphone 4. Stands to reason it will be faster than the 4s. I wouldnt be so hung up on these phones... they are giving the 3g away now.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
sorry not much change for the 4g other than aesthetics not worth it in my book

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
I probably will, I'm tired of my huge Droid X

·
Registered
328 Posts
I think if I still had my Sony Ericsson Satio or an iPhone 3/3GS I'd consider it. Most people I know already have a recent gen smartphone, either Android or iPhone 4 and I can't see any of them wanting to change for a small jump in performance.

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
Would it be worth going 64GB instead of 32?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RussianJ
View Post

Have the 4 now, do not want the 4s.

Do want the 5 if/when they Finaly drop it.

Seconded!

By the time the 5 drops i'll be over 2 years into my 3 year contract, so i'll be able to wiggle out and upgrade.

Of course, i'll have to see what the market looks like at that time. The Samsung Galaxy S II is definition of sexay if you asked me.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Ima get the Focus S when I get an upgrade for my line (or the titan but who knows)! 4s doesn't look too bad but I never play games except bejeweled/solitaire
. Don't think I would need the 4s as its similar to the 4 (used to have one) with some internal changes which is expected to keep people buying this product.

·
I lieks teh cheese
2,097 Posts
Wow, it's really not hard guys. If you don't plan on getting it, no need to spam the thread

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhRe4k
View Post

Wow, it's really not hard guys. If you don't plan on getting it, no need to spam the thread

hehe, that's just how OCN is. It looks like (as it's already been said) most people already have a high end smartphone, like the iPhone 4 or similar androids.

I will get it because i'm an apple Junky. I just love iOS

Quote:

Originally Posted by munaim1
View Post

I'm still rocking the 3g, lol was hoping for the iphone5, but might just consider the 4S. Kinda need an upgrade lol the 3g is getting a 'little' too sliuggish now

DOOOO it!

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Quote:

View Post

OPs problem for asking an open ended question tbh..

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlahBlahBlah
View Post

OPs problem for asking an open ended question tbh..

I don't mind, I just wanted to see some banter regarding the 4S

·
Registered
830 Posts
IMO the real star of the 4S is IOS 5 and not the unit itself. Of course, in order to run said OS, they needed to get the A5 in there with decent thermals / battery life.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well he asked if we would get it or not... people are just answering his question tbh.

And nope i'm not getting it, i'll probably go for the nexus prime or something when i get to pick my new phone.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm tired of plowing through broken refurbs of my original Droid, and my g/f wants to upgrade to a "real person phone" from her nonsmartphone, so we're probably both going to get a 4s. I don't tinker a lot with my phone, I just want something that works - so having to a root an Android phone to really get the perfomance out of it is not that appealing. I like the QC that Apple puts into its products, even at the cost of "locking it down". I browse the web, check facebook, do normal communication stuff, and play a game or two on occasion... iPhone 4s it is.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts