Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've got one underwater right now and the other will be soon as well.
I have two 240 radiators and mcr220 and Black ice 240. Right now with no fans on the black ice and two fans on the MCR I'm getting 68c load temps on the cpu and 55c on the gpu, More worried about the cpu getting too hot once I add the second card, but since I have no fans on the black ice do you think once I get good fans my temps will be fine?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
If it is a little warmer then what you want. Do a push/pull on the rad. As that would help more then anything. And honestly the only thing that will max out the temps will be linX, etc stress testing it.

·
Banned
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and folding..
Which is what it does when I'm not gaming.

But I'm asking whether its enough for another gpu block as I only have one gpu under water and the other on air.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Won't those 285s heck bottleneck that i3? I would say 2 240 rads would do the trick.

·
Banned
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not even.. I thought so but in bc2 it only uses about 70% of the cpu (then again bc2 sli support does suck.. as well as the new drivers suck.)
but TF2 only uses 40%

These i3s are troopers! Don't let them fool ya!

Awesome, look like i'll have to be on the look out for some sales on yateloons now.

·
Watercooling Enthusiast
4,809 Posts
Those rads are more than enough... im using a 360 and 240 rad that is cooling 3 480s an i7oc'd mosfets and nb/sb... 2 240s is overkill for ur needs... a 360 would work

1 - 7 of 7 Posts