Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, my side fan broke, and im gonna get some new scythe 120mm fans, the 1000RPM, 19db, 44CFM ones. Now I like having my PC really quiet. How many fans should I buy? The side of my PC is mesh (its a mod) So I can have between 0-4 fans. My other case fans are 1 80mm apevia fan (blow hole) and 1 120mm scythe fan (same as the ones i will purchase)
What is the right amount? I dont want to spend unnecessary money and I want to keep it quiet and cool. They are about $10 each after shipping.

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Pics would really help to know where exactly to put the fans and how many.

Other thoughts: The most cost-effective thing would just be keeping the side open. You could also get a 230mm fan from Coolermaster.

I was just about to upload pics but my camera's battery died so i need to find the charger.
The side of my case is practically open, i replaced the Plexiglas with chicken wire. My temps after my fan broke dropped, but I reseated my HSF at the same time so idk what it is from.
, so the side of my case is covered by this:

I highly doubt my temps would even drop 1C with that removed, its like having no side

so should i add fans or not? with no side fan I only have 1 blowhole and 1 exhaust fan

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Just add one for now, if you feel you need more, then add some more.

Good luck.

• Rep+
Reactions: sgdude

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks css man, + rep.
Any other people wanna weigh in on this?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have one 120mm sidefan and that is enough for me, and it really only effects my GPU cooling (I have duorbs, they do not exhaust out the rear). I think your 260 exhausts out the rear, so all you really need is a little bit of cool air coming in. Just one should be enough unless you are experiencing major temp increases or have extra fans laying around. You could probably go with a larger fan that has the same DBa rating but moves more air if you want. Like Adrianspawn said, there are massive fans that would provide plenty of airflow with very little noise. If that other 120mm you have is an intake, I would suggest getting another 120mm exhaust as well (if your case has room for one). Then again, I love lots of airflow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.