Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a look at one of these and I was wondering how much of an improvement I would see over stock cooling. Anyone know?

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardokk

I was taking a look at one of these and I was wondering how much of an improvement I would see over stock cooling. Anyone know?

Um...that is equivilant of stock cooling. If you really want to "upgrade" from stock cooling, I suggest either the Zalman or Big Typhoon.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that the Big Typhoon is the best, but I only have $30. What's the best I could get for $30?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would save for the Big Typhoon if you can; I've never seen or heard anything bad about it, other than it being hard to install. Lots of great words on it though.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zardokk

You got a good system there I wouldn't waist my time with any thing other than the typhoon, save up for it you won't regret it.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is it worth it to go for that Scythe or should I save a little more cash and go for the Big Typhoon? What kind of temp differences would I see between the two? That Scythe has really good reviews on newegg.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
even with the best coolers you can expect about 5-10c drop in load...probably more like 5c depending on how well the cooler was mounted..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts