Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much can I OC my 6600GT without frying it? Its speeds are 400MHZ core and 900 Memory. can I get it up to about 700/1200 or its pushing the limit?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047

How much can I OC my 6600GT without frying it? Its speeds are 400MHZ core and 900 Memory. can I get it up to about 700/1200 or its pushing the limit?

700/1200 is pretty ridicioulous. The memory will likely top out around 500-550, and the core might do 550. Those are just rough numbers, you could get more or less, but 700/1200 ain't gonna happen without volt mods, and some uber cooling.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

* hehe can you guys set me up with some Uber hacks that I Knooow you guys have*

*now I'll just wait here till one of them tells me where to get some Uber hacks*

*Lets see Unzip anywhere but the Steam Folder *

That movie was so.. funny
Only funny if you play CS though i guess... I think that could be the hardest I have ever laughed in my life...
what was it pwnd.com ??

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Overclocking puts "more than usual" stress on a component. It won't kill it in like 10 days, but it will shorten its lifespan, but unless you're going to use it for 8 years, you've got nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

Overclocking puts "more than usual" stress on a component. It won't kill it in like 10 days, but it will shorten its lifespan, but unless you're going to use it for 8 years, you've got nothing to worry about.

exacylu how much shorten it life? Do I have to have a LOT of cooling?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
More cooling will always better, could even allow for a higher OC, but like I said, it'll last much longer than you'll be using it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts