Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how much people spend a year on computer related stuff and how often you guys upgrade hardware. Also with so many people replacing still decent parts with brand new 6800's and such, what happens to the old 4600 Ti cards and stuff?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport

I was just wondering how much people spend a year on computer related stuff and how often you guys upgrade hardware. Also with so many people replacing still decent parts with brand new 6800's and such, what happens to the old 4600 Ti cards and stuff?

I spent about $1800 this year, as for the old parts, that is what hte advertising section and ebay are for.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
In upgrade years Ill spend about 2000 bucks but that is only every three years. I probably spend close to 800 dollars a year on average. Thats all things related including discs and crap.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you trust people to sell you quality working computer parts on ebay?
i am not a very trusting person usually

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport

Can you trust people to sell you quality working computer parts on ebay?
i am not a very trusting person usually

I don't trust ebay, I would trust the sellers in her more because you have to earn the privelidge to sell in the advertising section of this forum.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I upgrade whenever I can, usually about once every year or so, but nothing major. This year I bought 2 motherboards and CPU for about $500, last upgrade before that was my 9700 Pro for $275 2 years ago. I don't get alot of money to spend cause I don't have a job, but this year and some of next year I'm going all out, new CPU, new motherboard (already got it!), new RAM, and a new Video card, and possibley a new PSU.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Well I bought ALL my setup that I have now within this year. I spent $250 for the barebone kit with The Celeron, and after that, I just bought cheap add-ons making my total of money spent on PC's go up to a whopping total of $750! lol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plague

i average 500 a year, which when you think about it isnt very much

i just built a system and spent 650 including monitor
, but gonna be upgrading in 6 months

·
Registered
698 Posts
I spent about 5-600 upgrading my computer this year. Tommrow I'll be spedinging another 432, so about a grand.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeus

I've spent approx £1800 this year and I'll be spending another £400 in two months

In defence of my amount I spent $1800 this year buidling this computer and upgrading my last that died, previous to that my last purchase was $1300 two years ago.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
like digitalphreak said during an "upgrade year" is when I spend the big bucks. i try to spread it out so it doesn't hurt as much. usually over $1K for new cpu+mobo+gfx card, new case+PSU, some ram, and misc games. 2005 is gonna be an upgrade year for sure
that's why i'm saving now.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Ive spent 2 grand this year total, on two different computers including the watercooling system Im building right now. My old parts go to my bros

·
Registered
138 Posts
my whole system shown in sig is about $1100...then i spent $480 on this 19' Sony LCD...this was built last May. I plan on upgrading little by little...

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
So far this year on computer parts I spent about 3000 - but not all mine! Only 1200 was mine, the rest is stuff I built for freinds and family. Which they paid to me, then I buy stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
This year.

About $500 on my Xp-M rig...
$200 for a rig to surf the web and do school work, and now I'm building a whole new system, A64
, I estimate it to be around 1200... I dont like thinking about how much I spend though, I get dipressed.

I just buy the computer part by part (paycheck to paycheck) so I dont see all the money go at once

·
Registered
56 Posts
Way to much, but helps save $ when you work at a computer store

1 - 20 of 65 Posts