Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cyberpunk & Mainframes
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I honestly haven't gone past 4.2 until today. 4.4 is a milestone for me but I know that really isn't much in the overclocking world. Do you think this'll do fine at 4.5 or 4.6? Scared about trying.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
As long as you are staying in thermal specs and not putting to much voltage through it you are safe to keep pushing. Just remember to take it slow and properly test for temps. Looks like you went for a 10m prime and that is good to get temps but I would suggest running for at least a couple hours to make sure its truly stable.

if you take it slow 50mhz or so at a time you can just keep going. Your not going to just fry the chip unless you do something crazy with the voltage. So keep bumping clock until its unstable in your quick test then raise the voltage a bit and keep going while watching temps. I'm still on a first gen i5 so I cannot help you in regards to temps/voltage or anything.

Edit: I want to also add that while you can get an idea of a max clock, all chips are different. I remember I got a q6600 with and extremely low vid but it still wouldn't clock that great even though a lot of people were near the 4ghz range.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm having a hard time distinguishing words of your screen shot. But I second the above post. Try to keep your voltages below 1.3; although you'd be perfectly safe, lower voltages are always better for cpu life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts