Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As the title states, I'm trying to decide how much further to try and overclock my 580s. They are currently in a loop with a total of 600mm of rad space (all cooled via push/pull) and never break 45*C at max load. My current clock is:

Core Clock: 920 MHz (Not sure what the shader clock is, scales with core)
Memory Clock 2004 MHz

Voltage: 1100mV or 1.1V

The cards never crash and I never experience artifacts with this overclock. Should I push it further? Also, what program do you guys suggest for stability testing a GPU? I've been using MSI Kombuster.

In addition, I was wondering when I'm going to start seeing the effects of Voltage degradation (not in respect to time, but at what V levels I should start to worry). I've been told Voltage isn't a problem if the temps are fine... but that sounds plain wrong. More pressure means more pressure period.

Let me know what you guys think, also if I should start OCin'g the memory as its still currently stock.

Thanks,
-GA

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I think that it will degrade over time. Peeps report that after long periods of OCing (cpu) that it requires more voltage to maintain the same OC. This is what i would consiter that to be and why would a gpu be any different right...... idk but sounds good.

for a full time oc that voltage is mid-high for 24/7 usage. Software can limit the voltage during 2d clocks and bump it up during 3d clocks so you have that going for you. What were you hoping to achive as 920s a respectable OC already. For benchmarks/short time periods id go for the max allowed (1.15v) as temps dont seem to be an issue and see what you can get... honestly most 580s dont do 1000core stable.

My thoughts anyways, others may disagree. Good luck

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravinmild View Post

I think that it will degrade over time. Peeps report that after long periods of OCing (cpu) that it requires more voltage to maintain the same OC. This is what i would consiter that to be and why would a gpu be any different right...... idk but sounds good.
for a full time oc that voltage is mid-high for 24/7 usage. Software can limit the voltage during 2d clocks and bump it up during 3d clocks so you have that going for you. What were you hoping to achive as 920s a respectable OC already. For benchmarks/short time periods id go for the max allowed (1.15v) as temps dont seem to be an issue and see what you can get... honestly most 580s dont do 1000core stable.
My thoughts anyways, others may disagree. Good luck
Honestly, I just really wasn't sure what a good 24/7 OC would be and how much more Voltage I could push safely
smile.gif
. Thanks mate. Any other opinions?

CHeers,
-GA

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.