Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be purchasing a new graphics card this week. I was planning on getting a 5770, but I'm not sure how much power I need. There have been some good reviews on 5750 and 5670, and I am only gaming at 1280x1024, I think that is just a little bit more than 1200X900. What do you guys think? And if I get a 5770 I am considering one of these 2-
Powercolor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814103086
MSi
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127490

Just dont know If I really need to pay the extra for the MSI. And the powercolor has 2 crossfire plug things in case I ever need to go trifire. And I like the original reference cooler the best.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3dfxvoodoo View Post
it might help of you tell us what game you will be playing.
I would like to be able to play the newest games. It doesn't need to be like perfectly maxed out, just something not too hard on the eyes.

·
Banned
4,996 Posts
I'd go with the stock heat sink if you are not going to do any hardcore gaming ,but if you have the money go with the msi Hawk Radeon.
You will have lower temps on the msi Hawk Radeon and have room for overcooking.
But if you are a casual gamer, then there is really no need for the for the msi Hawk Radeon.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
maybe a whole new system.

The cele will die.

you'll kill the 5770, it's useless, especially at such a small resolution

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Yeah, it's not worth spending that much money on a GPU unless you are upgrading to a faster system. With that CPU, you could buy a 4670 and see very similar framerates at that resolution.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL thats not my system. I just put in in the sig for an appraisal....BRB

There my sig rig is back to normal.

·
Registered
179 Posts
trust me, 5770 rapes at your resolution, is what im stuck gaming at until i get cash for my new monitor. You can easily play l4d2 maxed out at all max settings with triple v-sync(is what its called), ie 152 fps constant in that game

tf2 ect will be easily 200 fps most of the time(is a wierd game, hogs resources),

and most others should run fine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts