Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to build my new rig.
Usage:-- Gaming and Music Recording.

SPECIFICATIONS:

Processor: AMD FX6100

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB 1600 mHz X 2

Graphics card: Sapphire HD 7750 1GB GDDR5

HDD: WD Blue 1TB (Wish to add another 1 TB in future)

SSD: Kingston 32 GB

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim

DVD Burner: LG GH24NS72

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat with additional 4 fans.

Monitor: Dell IN2030M

Speakers: Altec Lansing MX6021

Keyboard: Logitech K200

Mouse: Belkin M100

Other Components: Roland Quad-Capture USB 2.0 Audio Interface (For Music Recording). Will use Rode NT2-A condenser microphone, which will be powered up (phantom power) by the Audio Interface. So basically, I think, they both will consume some amount of power from PSU. 2.5 GB external HDD will also be used.

PSU: (preferably corsair. Not sure about how much wattage I need)

UPS: (Preferably APC. Not sure how much VA/watt I need)

HDD, SSD, CPU cooler, USB 2.0 Audio Interface and the condenser microphone have already been bought. Will use my old keyboard and mouse.

I know more the PSU will be stronger in wattage, more it will let itself and other components stay cool enough. I know its good if I keep a safe margin between required wattage and available wattage. But considering the fact that I am going to build a mid range gaming rig, how much of wattage (PSU) I really need to keep the whole system real cool even on overclocking?
worriedsmiley.gif

Also, how much of VA/watt (UPS) do I need?
worriedsmiley.gif

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,146 Posts
The sweet spot here for the PSU is about 400W because your video card doesn't add much to the power draw at all. You could even use a ~350W PSU like SeaSonic's 360W G Series and still be more than fine. This does not mean that you should get a 450W or a 550W just to be safe.

I recommend not limiting yourself to Corsair. They're not the best. Plus, when it comes to PSUs, it's not about brand names.

The VA you will need is up to 600.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts