Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The graphic card I am currently using is an Gforce FX 5200. I know how to overclock it, but what I would love to know is how much shoud I overclock it (I don't want to damage my PC) If you know how much I should overclock this card, please reply!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
my fx 5200 runs on vstudios extreme g 71.20c drivers and clock frequency is 306 and mem frequency is 451. these are the best that scored me the most points i got 9504 in aquamark 1300 in 3dmark03 361 in 3dmark 05

post your scores after you overclock

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo420
Overclock until you see artifacts(screen goes all wierd) then turn it down a notch. The mem core is usually what gives artifacts. Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for answering my question, you are a big help.

**Thanx for the welcome

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
my friend has a PNY 5200 128meg at 300/500 perfectly stable

it sounds weird, i have an MSI 5500 with the latest official drivers and mine maxes out at 333/463 but i dont run it that high, its at 310/451

·
Registered
386 Posts
uppin you agp voltage might help a bit and go a bit higher

·
Premium Member
13,104 Posts
agp voltage apparently helps very little.. thats what i've heard though, never tried it myself

plus when you start upping voltage you risk damaging the card

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Geoforce FX 5200. I overclock 270 core and 608 Mem. I clicked on Test changes and the screen is going crazy. It will not let me click on anything. I'm able to go in sefe mode. I removed Nvidia software, but I still have the same problem.
Thanks,

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigval

agp voltage apparently helps very little.. thats what i've heard though, never tried it myself

plus when you start upping voltage you risk damaging the card

AGP voltage will do nothing in terms of helping to overclock your vid card. it is more likely to fry it.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,931 Posts
i got 345/495 stable on mine with stock fan

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Geoforce FX 5200. I overclock 270 core and 608 Mem. I clicked on Test changes and the screen is going crazy. It will not let me click on anything. I'm able to go in safe mode. I removed Nvidia software, but I still have the same problem.
Any help

·
Administrator
6,696 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teamnrg4

I have Geoforce FX 5200. I overclock 270 core and 608 Mem. I clicked on Test changes and the screen is going crazy. It will not let me click on anything. I'm able to go in safe mode. I removed Nvidia software, but I still have the same problem.
Any help

If possible maybe you should reinstall the NVIDIA software and lower the clock speeds (might do something)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I have the lates driver from November. Should I install the beta driver, but I have to do it in Safe mode. Normal mode will not let me do anything

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg

If possible maybe you should reinstall the NVIDIA software and lower the clock speeds (might do something)

I think I have the lates driver from November. Should I install the beta driver, but I have to do it in Safe mode. Normal mode will not let me do anything

1 - 20 of 26 Posts