Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine jumps around .04v during a stress test. I assume it's pretty normal. Can try to lower LLC to reduce the spikes above what you set.

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***h4xx View Post

If I drop LLC I get too much vdroop under load. Even at level 2.
how much vdroop? its better to have vdroop than vrise which obviously can be dangerous due to the voltage spikes.

Set the voltage to 1.415v and LLC level 2 and report back with a screenshot of cpu-z under load.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Hmm i have an asrock board, and just use level 1 llc and then just stress for an hour or 2 to see what the max vcore was,
Like that i try to make sure ti wont spike above th maximum safe level of volt's for my cpu the 2600k

·
Premium Member
10,824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayWay View Post

You'll have to increase the voltage to compensate for the extra droop but should lower the spikes.
This.

The lower you go with LLC the more you will have to use the vcore to compensate for it. LLC is there to do that, however at some levels it does a poor job.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, I know what LLC does.
Im sayign that at LLC level 2 I would have to go like 1.450Vcore which is stupid.

Id rather have it at 1.415Vcore and every once in awhile swing up to 1.440v than set it to 1.450v 24/7
The only reason I would go level 2 is if these small voltage swings would hurt my cpu.

Will they, or am I fine as I am?
My temps dont break 75c max under burn.
Normal use averages 36C or so

1 - 11 of 11 Posts