Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm just wanting peoples opinions cause I was thinking about doing it.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Once per year is a must imo,
2x/year would be really nice.
Mayhem has new pearlescent coolant out and as I read he strongly recommends changing liquid every 6 months, so I guess it also depends what you use in system.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
LOL. if you do not put fresh fluid in there is no point of flushing:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
I flush mine about once a year. Then again, I'm running distilled water and antifreeze(for anticorrosive properties).

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
I'm running distilled and pt nuke... and I've had water cooling up and running for around 6 months, still don't see anything in the res so I'm not touching it, heh. Temps are just as low as when I installed it.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
^
If not anything else, your radiator must have a nice layer of oxidation inside. But you do not see that, so...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
2 - 3 times a year. i run distilled water with pt nuke, so i could do it 1 a year, but gives me a chance to blow out the fans on my rad and clean everything up.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains
View Post

20 months since I installed and filled mine. Temps are the same as when I first installed so I'm not touching it.

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Every time it needs it.

Honestly there is no point flushing your loop based on some arbitrary time period. Bitemarks' experience shows this, as does Marinm210's:

I would flush my loop when:

1. Performance drops
2. Liquid clouds or there are floaters in the res
3. I get a new part or otherwise tinker with my loop
4. I'm really bored.

Note that so far 1 and 2 have not happened for me, 3 and 4 have a few times.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GingerJohn
View Post

Every time it needs it.

Honestly there is no point flushing your loop based on some arbitrary time period. Bitemarks' experience shows this, as does Marinm210's:

I would flush my loop when:

1. Performance drops
2. Liquid clouds or there are floaters in the res
3. I get a new part or otherwise tinker with my loop
4. I'm really bored.

Note that so far 1 and 2 have not happened for me, 3 and 4 have a few times.

3. just about to happen and it's only been 6 weeks
4. Don't think I could ever get bored enough to want to do that

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
LOL. That must be one of most abused pictures of copper online. It is more of an exception that copper did not oxidized as written. Wishful thinking of every water cooler.

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirectOverkill
View Post

LOL. That must be one of most abused pictures of copper online. It is more of an exception that copper did not oxidized as written. Wishful thinking of every water cooler.

Most copper water blocks are coated with a thin lacquer which prevents oxidation. Once you loose this then your copper will oxidize. It will affect the heat transfer properties but not in a noticeable way.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts