Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
I only did once. Have a 2006 system as well, it got to the point recently that it sounds a bit like a jet engine after a while. Threw some air at it and reapplied thermal paste, neither seemed to do the trick so I just dealt with it. Still runs fine.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoosePants View Post

Ok. I obviously will dust my PS3. But would you say that every two weeks is overkill?
Depends on which environement it will be put. If you'll be smoking near it, or have pets, 2 weeks really wouldn't be a bad idea.
Really though, use whatever time interval you feel comfortable with, yourself.
If you go to clean it after 2 weeks and there's barely any dust, you know you can increase the time between cleanings a bit
smile.gif

·
Registered
593 Posts
My fat ps3 was dusted every week lol. I babied the crap out of that thing and it still died after two years. I hardly dusted my slim model at all because it wasn't as much as a dust magnet.

·
Banned
4,784 Posts
I do not have a PS3, but i dust all my classic consoles every now and then.

PS1/ PS2/ XBOX/ N64/ Mega Drive II/ Saturn/ Dreamcast.

·
PC Evangelist
47,369 Posts
I never dusted mine but hey i dont use it any more.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Back before my 80GB B/C died I would clean the vents every few days. I would also blow it out every month. It lasted 3.5 years sadly.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I have an original release PS3 and have never bothered dusting it. It sat on carpet for most of its life and now sits on a counter. Gamed on it quite a bit back in them college days but now I mainly use it for Netflix

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I dust all my consoles + PC daily and I would say that I use compressed air to clean out the internals about every 4 months

·
Premium Member
4,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous1994 View Post

Back before my 80GB B/C died I would clean the vents every few days. I would also blow it out every month. It lasted 3.5 years sadly.
Never cleaned mine. Had the 80GB version since 2006. Kicked the bucket last week. But I manage to bring it back to life last night. Even though I dont game on it anymore, it's good for streaming movies. Also, I get on it when someone wants to challenge me in Street Fighter.
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 22 Posts