Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know theres a bunch of Mx518 owners out there.

Just wondering the average lifespan of these mice. lol

Mines going on 6 years.
been beat to hell
taken apart so many times i cant even remember
shes still clickin'

Been used everyday since i bought her. Kinky

pic

Attachments

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Mine has been in service for 2+ years now. There was a layer of rubber or something that has pealed off since... or hasn't completely pealed, but its almost there. Pinky part is faded andd I got skates for the feet. Otherwise, I love this thing.

EDIT:
I contemplated a few times using it at work because the HP standard optical is crap.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeaceMaker View Post
Mine has been in service for 2+ years now. There was a layer of rubber or something that has pealed off since... or hasn't completely pealed, but its almost there. Pinky part is faded andd I got skates for the feet. Otherwise, I love this thing.

EDIT:
I contemplated a few times using it at work because the HP standard optical is crap.
ive taken mine to school before, much better than apple mice

Oh also, everything is original, the feet are barely hanging in. i think i need to buy some new ones.

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Wow! 6 years huh? That gives me hope! I've had mine for a little over 3 years now. Originally got it with my laptop, and toted it back and forth to work with me. When I finally upgraded my desktop and made the laptop envious, I kept it for my home use. The only real signs of wear and tear are some shiny spots where my fingers have worn the surface down, and some of the black has come off of the logo where my palm rests.

Absolutely wonderful mouse!

·
Registered
779 Posts
back when i had the max518 it lasted under a month, rma'ed it broke in 4 days, asked for my money back, told no, tried rma wouldn't accept it.

haven't used logitech since

·
Initializing...
23,798 Posts
3 years old here and still working like it was out of the box.

·
#SavedTheCrew
2,644 Posts
4 years here, the wheel is a bit touchy now scrolling up/down, sometimes i simply touch it and it will move up/down without me actually scrolling the wheel. Kind of annoying but I can deal with it. I plan on picking up a G500 for xmas

·
god loves ugly
4,269 Posts
A few months, lol. The longest I had one was about two years and then the left click stopped working. Logitech's support is the only reason I keep using MX518's(free replacements shipped next day, without returning the "broken" one).

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle-reece View Post
back when i had the max518 it lasted under a month, rma'ed it broke in 4 days, asked for my money back, told no, tried rma wouldn't accept it.

haven't used logitech since
how did you manage to break it? did you stand on it or something?

I've had my MX518 for nearly a year now and I love it, it fits it my hand wonderfully and the sensitivity feels just right its showing no signs of wear and tear at all its as if it was brand new

only thing i sort of dislike is the paint design (I really like the G5 with the paint that changes colour at different angles) but hey I paid $55 for it and the G5 costs $110 so I don't mind

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b-roca
View Post

how did you manage to break it? did you stand on it or something?

I've had my MX518 for nearly a year now and I love it, it fits it my hand wonderfully and the sensitivity feels just right its showing no signs of wear and tear at all its as if it was brand new

only thing i sort of dislike is the paint design (I really like the G5 with the paint that changes colour at different angles) but hey I paid $55 for it and the G5 costs $110 so I don't mind

the left and right click caved in, i don't think the buttons can withstand a serious usage scenario when a simple grip breaks them, hence why i never buy logitech.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle-reece
View Post

the left and right click caved in, i don't think the buttons can withstand a serious usage scenario when a simple grip breaks them, hence why i never buy logitech.

Lay of the steroids muscles. I've had mine for about 2 weeks
and love it.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
3 days. Just got one.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle-reece View Post
LOL!
what, do you click so hard its equivalent to thor's hammer?

·
Premium Member
5,653 Posts
4 1/2 years now. Been used so much now the black logitech logo is now a solid silver circle.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts