Discussion Starter #1
Hello al.

can someone tell me how i can overclock my x550 for my girlfriend

i want to test it first on her pc en then on my x1900

i'm a newbie in overclocking so i hope someon can help me with it

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
hows it going mate and welcome to overclock.net, lots of experienced crew here to give you and hand with your overclock no worries
firstly fill out ya details under user cp at the top of the page and we can get going from there. also download a program called ati tool http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=725 as that is a very good tool for use in overclocking. Help can take a little while sometimes as the users of the forum go to sleep\\work and at this time it is pretty quiet, if you look at the bottom of the overclock.net first page you can see how many members come and go so help is never too far away!

·
Registered
402 Posts
follow wat he said n u'll be fine ? just ask n welcome to overclock.net

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same card (x550). I downloaded the ati tool, but I i dont know what a safe overclock I sould set. (I am a newbie at overclocking)

·
Registered
642 Posts
i got great overclocking out of my x550 with ati tool
fist get ati tool then dont go crazy with the bars just go by 10mhz each time on both mem and core then after 20mhz press scan artifacts i have the visiontek one.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Firstly you need good cooling to get a decent overclock, Depending on your idle and load temps will sometimes determine your highest stable overclock aswell, I use a program called ati tray tools here

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
hi i got a powercolor x550 i use clockgen on www.techpowerup.com and set my oc to 15% i think that is safe for stock fan

the cpu original 398 ------oc 457
the ram original 202 ------pc 233

1 - 7 of 7 Posts