Not very.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adam144 View Post
2 words:

Not very.
lmao when i read the headline while waiting to type i read yours and laughed i had that same thing in my head the whole time to post here

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Pretty dang loud for a laptop, but i'm guessing thats because its a pressy.

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
Depends on the PSU. It can break 50dba if I turn the fans up all the way, but is usualy around 37dba for normal use.

·
Banned
3,269 Posts
In my new Antec P180B ATX Case (Ordered!) I will have four Scythe S-Flex 8.7dBA (Not really 8.7dBA) 33.5CFM fans with a Big Typhoon CPU Cooler and a stock GPU cooler that comes with the R600. And the RD600 Motherboard will use heatpipes not active cooling so that's silent, too.

Quiet Rating: Silent... Hopefully.

[OCN] Ninja_Boy

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
It's not loud for me, but it probably is compared to pre-builts. I don't really notice how loud it is until I shut it down, which is rare.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
I can hear it outside my room like 20 ft away and it is loud, stupid 80mm, I I take it off it is whisper quiet, I hate 80mm fans!

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
If you could hear my PC, I wouldn't be worthy of my title now would I? Lol, as of now I have the 3 stock P180 fans set to "L" and I added a 14dBA SilenX intake and I used my dremel to cut out all the fan grills to reduce the sound of turbulant air. My brother just ordered his P180B and he ordered 8 Scythe fans which are considered one of the top 3 quietest fans available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185004
Obviously I'm not naive enough to believe it's 8.7dBA claim but as I said, SilentPCReview did a roundup of 120mm silent fans and this was among the best.

Forgot to say, he ordered 8 of them so he could use 4 for his case and I'm using the other 4 to replace my fans, its damn quiet as it is but you can still faintly hear my computer and that's not good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
not really noisy, but not quiet either. Lots of whoooooooshing from moving air. I have 10 fans, though, so that's understandable.

·

29,532 Posts
AMD+ATi rig = VERY noisy (39 dB)

Sig rig (Mah own rig, or my AMD+nVidia rig) = Silent, guessing 24dB.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
I got my 8.7dBA Scythe SFF21D fans, I installed four into my new P180B for my brother's computer and it's actually slightly louder than my computer with the 3 Antec TriCools and the SilenX fan, I'm going to swap the SilenX with one of those Scythes but the stock P180B fans are actually a bit quieter than these Scythes lol.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts