Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am starting to itch for new hardware so being a little abusive lately... Anyways at 800/1944/2100 my 8800gts produces about 300fps at 1000x700 with no AA. When i bump my oc to 810/1944/2100 my fps jumps to about 400.

Rep for technical insight

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
Where was the question? I dun understand >.<

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am wondering how I should interpret what is happening that's the question.
I would doubt this as well that is why I am asking. Just wondering if anyone gets a "i wonder if that's because of ....."

Just bored and wanted to try and understand a somewhat unusual situation...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Question: 300/400 FPS in what game or application? While I can't even fathom 10mhz on the core clock producing 100 more FPS - if it's an extremely old game - well, who the hell knows at that point?

·
Long Time Lurker
933 Posts
Are you running a DOS game? LOL?

10MHz shouldn't give you 100 FPS more. Unless you know something we don't?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any other benchmark shows nothing really from 800 to 810. the program i am refering to is rthdribl http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/rthdribl/

only reason i was using it was to try and find something for testing for artifacts, furmark is crashing before it shows any signs of artifacts when i bump up the clocks ><

sounds like i should just take this as a fluke in the program and ignore it... was just wondering if anyone had some insight.. thanks for the responses

1 - 8 of 8 Posts