Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Not New to Overclock.net
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I hear, the DDC is a gravity fed pump.. meaning it must have a consistent supply of water from above and doesn't have any suction for the intake?

How would I go along testing a pump like this?

With Swiftech's new "VOID IF OPENED" stickers, I'd really like to test the pump to make sure it works... before changing the whole body of it to a Koolance PMP400 heatsink and changing the top to a XSPC Top Reservoir.
It would really suck if I just randomly got a pump dud and I didn't test it beforehand, and then I completely switched out the whole housing and top, and voided my warranty. Ha.. precautions always help.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
^that

or if you don't have a res, put the tubing into a container of any kind, filled with water. Fill the inlet tube with water, turn the pump on for a couple seconds, fill again and repeat until it continues the flow on it's own.

The type of water doesn't matter, just make sure to flush with distilled if you cycle tap water through it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.