Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
looks like thats pretty much the best u can get there...should perform pretty well

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pretty pricey but do you think it would be worth it. How many more Mhz would i get with that compared to the XP-120 (also, i live in a hot climate).

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

It's pretty pricey but do you think it would be worth it. How many more Mhz would i get with that compared to the XP-120 (also, i live in a hot climate).

Remember, water will only go as low as the ambient room temps...

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
that the better the chances of getting higher overclock compared to heatsink fans...

i live in phoenix arizona and during the summer i have a hard time keeping my computer room below 80°f and my cpu with slight overclock seems to be about 115°f because of these temps

but right now im sub 100°f under full load
its winter

still dont wear a jacket though

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would be getting air if i lived in a cooler place. The coldest it gets here is in winter and it gets to 4C in the early mornings. during the day in winter it reachers a max of 22C still not that cold.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Should i spend the extra $20 on the 3 120mm radiator or is that just not worth it becuase it's big.

yes because it's simply more surface area to dissipate heat. no questions asked, it has more surface area, and therefore more heat dissipation capablilty (hdc)...start using that acronym..

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
The BIX will perform about the same as a single heatercore. If you can find a heatercore somewhere, then go for it. They are much cheaper, and are the best performing radiators out there. Also, that pump is kinda weak. See if you can find an Eheim 1250, a Hydor L30 or L35, or a Danner Mag 3. The 3 fan Black Ice is a good performer, you just have to spend more money of 3 120mm fans.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's all about money ay. That's why i wanted to get a premade kit. There cheap and they include everything. But they wouldn't be as good as performers. Jeeze it's hard to decide. Australia has no good cooling shops.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

It's all about money ay. That's why i wanted to get a premade kit. There cheap and they include everything. But they wouldn't be as good as performers. Jeeze it's hard to decide. Australia has no good cooling shops.

Yeah, I feel your pain. Have you thought about something from Dtek? They ship world-wide. I don't know how much shipping and handling charges are though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts