Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the standard ek pump/res combo, which has only inlet/outlet and the filling port on top - d5. My question is where to place a drain port and how to create it, with which parts. The out port is the lowest in my loop, so I want to place it there, but I would probably need some kind of a splitter.

Another possibly important piece of information is that I’ll be using rigid acrylic tubing. I already have an ek ball valve (I don’t like the fact this part is very large and heavy). Plus it also has female ports on both sides. I’m trying to get my head around on how to execute this without much flow obstruction in the loop, but also to make it as aestheticaly pleasing as possible, which will probably be a hard task with this huge ball valve anyway.

Suggestions please

·
New001
2,668 Posts
I had an image to attach but this site is still far too broken to use. I'm not actually sure why I'm even browsing it.

Anyway....
Probably could use a T connector, a tap, and any other fittings to connect these together.
Run your loop through the inline ports and that perpendicular port to the tap.

Position drain as low as possible

·
Banned
720 Posts
Plan plan plan

Think about how you are going to drain the loop. I agree that the drain should be as low as possible and away from the components of the system if possible. You will also need to open your loop to let air in or the draining can take a long time.

I have designed systems that needed to be turned on their sides to be drained but that is kind of a pain. Ball valves or 3 ways with a plug are valid choices. It's a balance between aesthetics and ease of use.

Position drain as low as possible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts