Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I am using TimerToolv3 or Timer Resolution.exe manually every time I boot up. This is quite annoying and sometimes I forget.
Is there a way of setting the system timer to 0.5ms automatically with a script or something at startup?

Not sure if this matters but I'm using these settings as recommended by fr33thy:
bcdedit /set useplatformtick yes
bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes
bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

Thanks 馃槂

Premium Member
If you go to the TimerToolv3 homepage it gives the code for a batch file to set a 0.5m/s timer. Just copy it to a text editor, save it as a .bat, and put it in your startup folder. If you do it through task scheduler you'll want to add the same command line arguments.

"C:\PathToTool\TimerTool.exe" -t 0.5 -minimized

Windows System Timer Tool

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you go to the TimerToolv3 homepage it gives the code for a batch file to set a 0.5m/s timer. Just copy it to a text editor, save it as a .bat, and put it in your startup folder. If you do it through task scheduler you'll want to add the same command line arguments.

"C:\PathToTool\TimerTool.exe" -t 0.5 -minimized

Windows System Timer Tool
Thanks, going to try this immediately!

Registered
Genuine question - what is the expected/percieved benefit from this? What's wrong with the defaults in Windows 10?

Registered
I use intelligent standby list cleaner instead

OCN is bad civilization
Genuine question - what is the expected/percieved benefit from this? What's wrong with the defaults in Windows 10?
Nothing. Windows 10 is fully capable of setting maximum timer resolution on demand on its own. 3rd party software like this was needed in Windows 8.1 where timer resolution was bugged. Now it is about as useful as a MarkC fix for games with raw input.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing. Windows 10 is fully capable of setting maximum timer resolution on demand on its own. 3rd party software like this was needed in Windows 8.1 where timer resolution was bugged. Now it is about as useful as a MarkC fix for games with raw input.
This is false. I have terrible desync in competitive shooters such as CS:GO, Valorant, RS:S, CoD Warzone without having the timer set to 0.5ms. There is desync and added latency. You don't have to believe what I'm saying, but if you don't you'd be wrong. Setting the system timer to 0.5ms and disabling dynamic tick helps with system latency in gaming tremendously. If you can't tell that it does anything, you probably don't take gaming very seriously. For everything else, I don't know how much it helps or if it's even noticeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts