Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I honestly didnt know where to post this so please move it if you would admin.<br><br>
Im trying to burn series of episodes of a show to a dvd to playback on a dvd player. The series is in avi format and the whole thing is about 3.5gbs, is there anyway that i can burn the avi files to playback on a dvd player, im completely lost, if anyone can help me i would be very grateful, im doing this for my fathers friend and im completely lost. Thanks alot for anyhelp.<br><br>
Stealth2o

·
Registered
807 Posts
Google the program avi2dvd. All you need is avi2dvd and a dvd burning program like nero and you're good to go.<br><br>
P.S. Avi2Dvd will take very long to convert the video so start it when you are about to go to sleep. And make sure you have the latest xvid and divx codecs installed or u might run into problems while converting.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot Ludaman!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I edited my last post with some new info so re-read it.

·
Overclocking since 1998
928 Posts
You might want to consider upgrading your DVD player to one that can play divx if you plan on downloading TV shows a lot. That way you can keep them in divx format and fit more episodes on one DVD. Plus it will save you a lot of encoding time. I picked up a Toshiba for $50 and it is great for this purpose.

·
Registered
274 Posts
<a href="http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/" target="_blank">http://www.stoik.com/products/svc/</a><br><br>
Stoik imaging has a free download converter, its minimal, but will handle .avi files. I have had problems with certain avi formats and burning onto a DVD with older software(roxio easy cd creator 5); like avi2dvd it converts the files to similar and different formats. Again, its takes a long time and have lots of hard drive space available. If avi2dvd gives you problems consider this as a backup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts